Keeney`s Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale

Go down 
+20
Dylan Biggs
chocolate cow
robert
shilow angus
MVCatt
tc
Hilly
outsidethebox
PatB
Larry Leonhardt
EddieM
Grassfarmer
Oldtimer
larkota
Tom D
Angus 62
jonken
df
Mark Day
MKeeney
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
MKeeney
Admin

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 12:36 pm

tim hair wrote:
i do not know why people are scared to let go of females. In the hog busness we sold register gilts with out paper for market pluus $50.00 and most of the time picked the gilts out for the custmer. A paper gilt costs 450.00 and they always wanted to pick. And 95% of the time they never picked the good gilts. If I am going to spend money on seed stock I alway want the breeder to select the stock. and if i do not trust the breeder to select the stock I would not want it any way.

exactly Tim...

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 9 Char61812

the sun shines bright
on another ky day
tis summer,
the cattle are gay
the corn tops ripe
and the meadow is in bloom,
though we could use a little rain
for a little breathing room... Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 3:51 pm

Despite my fondness for his dam, it took me a good while to get around to using the Shoshone bull Bootheel refers to as Scottie...with a big group of calves this year, it is obvious picking the "right one" is less and less an issue...pedigree becomes insignificant except when intentional close breeding is a goal...
Here`s Sniff the Wind`s maternal brother sired by Scottie...he`ll be here if ever you want to tightem up the influence of that old cow Joe...

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 9 Sniffdamcalf2012

but then he`ll sire a bunch of these heifers that look like females rather than those terminals at Advantage, or the puddy wudds
at 5barx...

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 9 Scottieheifer

of course Joe, you`ll get a few little dried up wimps like this product of a son/mother mating-but gradulaay, we`ll, if not the world until much later, come to accept them just as we do little nubbin ears of parent stock corn...

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 9 541-2012-2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 10:44 pm

MKeeney wrote:
Despite my fondness for his dam, it took me a good while to get around to using the Shoshone bull Bootheel refers to as Scottie...with a big group of calves this year, it is obvious picking the "right one" is less and less an issue...pedigree becomes insignificant except when intentional close breeding is a goal...
Here`s Sniff the Wind`s maternal brother sired by Scottie...he`ll be here if ever you want to tightem up the influence of that old cow Joe...

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 9 Sniffdamcalf2012

but then he`ll sire a bunch of these heifers that look like females rather than those terminals at Advantage, or the puddy wudds
at 5barx...

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 9 Scottieheifer

of course Joe, you`ll get a few little dried up wimps like this product of a son/mother mating-but gradulaay, we`ll, if not the world until much later, come to accept them just as we do little nubbin ears of parent stock corn...

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 9 541-2012-2

I'll take him, but only if can call him Piss in the Wind, and of course I'll be needing to trade some dogs. My goodness, prolific, three litters in a year is just too much. How does dog stew taste? Tom, Obama, anyone.....surely as good as the Filly burgers up on the Butte. If the gathering is your way next year Mike, I can surely provide the meat.

Oh, your cows are pretty, just to stay on track.

Bootheel
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 6:24 am

Joe,
I actually was able to make a planned breeding of dogs the other day; over Miss Linda`s objections...my best female to a Hangin` Tree male...I think they will at least be oddly pretty...
I prefer Piss Off, but we`ll call the bull whatever you want...he and a maternal brother to Brent`s bull along with about 4 other Scottie`s sons will breed lots of cows next spring
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 7:55 am

smaller than an atom at birth, faster than a speeding bullet, able to leap tall fences, more powerful than a locomotive{toy one Very Happy },
it`s
ROCKETMAN

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 9 Rocketman752012

The " like to like" heir to the Unwanted daughters...doing his mama proud

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 9 ROCKETMANDAM1

more proof of the switch theory Smile
Back to top Go down
shilow angus

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 9:19 pm

Looking good Mike....Rocketman that is... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 10:06 pm

shilow angus wrote:
Looking good Mike....Rocketman that is... Very Happy

Rocketman went missing last year; I found him 30 days later, 4 mile from his pasture...that`s a lot of fence in this country...granted, a lot of rusting fence as old guys give up the ship to the grain boys...

60 of these has keep him with the herd...so far...
Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 9 Kaheifers762012

noblely assisted...or at least aggravated by Pete...or is it..Repete

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 9 Pete752012

everytime I look at the twins I am reminded of Pharo and his "puds"...and the jimmer and "performance"...and laugh at
how they would think everything is so screwed up here...I find great assurance in those thoughts Smile
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 6:49 am

the constant pursuit of keeping Shoshone Erica 1702 genes prepotent...in tact through 1717; bred to Pete, that journey continues...anyone want to join TomD and I in that quest?
Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 9 1717
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 8:41 pm

MKeeney wrote:
the constant pursuit of keeping Shoshone Erica 1702 genes prepotent...in tact through 1717; bred to Pete, that journey continues...anyone want to join TomD and I in that quest?

MK - put 11 Franks in the freezer today. TD
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 9:10 pm

wow cheers ...11 frozen franks from one cow?...how long is a frank? 5 inches? 55inches total? I wonder if one of those long loined steers of big Al`s could top that? I sure, given his counterfeit look, that the loins wouldn`t be any bigger around than a good frankfurter...

oh forgive me, you probably mean Shoshone Frank embryo`s... sorry; it`s this old age thing Smile
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 9:31 pm

100% Pure Beef, no lips and assholes. Now, to find some buns to put them in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 11:41 pm

Tom D wrote:

No need to look to farr for the missing parts??? Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 4:24 am

Tom D wrote:

all the bulls should be named Felix Frankfurter in honor of the Supreme Court justice from KY and the close up sires of the flush Smile might want to verify my history lesson with google; malware has overcome my search efforts... Sad
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 8:02 am

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 9 Ff

Gratitude is one of the least articulate of the emotions, especially when it is deep.
Felix Frankfurter

I don't like a man to be too efficient. He's likely to be not human enough.
Felix Frankfurter

It is a wise man who said that there is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals.
Felix Frankfurter

Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 12:21 pm

They are kinda similar, aren't they?

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 9 Small1711
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9