Keeney`s Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale

Go down 
+20
Dylan Biggs
chocolate cow
robert
shilow angus
MVCatt
tc
Hilly
outsidethebox
PatB
Larry Leonhardt
EddieM
Grassfarmer
Oldtimer
larkota
Tom D
Angus 62
jonken
df
Mark Day
MKeeney
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
MKeeney
Admin

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale Empty
PostSubject: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 1:59 am

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale Keeneydec2421-1
Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale Keeneydec2422-1

Which direction will you choose?
......................................This

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale Kagov-regfinalone

......................................Or this

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale Kacow-moonfinal2-1

If you choose Independence, we invite you to be with us April 7, 2012, 12 noon, @ the farm,
5893 hwy 80 W, Nancy, KY...phone 606-305-4501
email mwkeeney1@windstream.net

Selling approx. 45 Model A,B,and C bulls, 20 open and 10 bred Model A and B heifers
more details and pictures, as mud, and time allows...
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Mark Day

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 7:27 am

Pretty good!
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 7:43 am

Mark Day wrote:
Pretty good!
it took a talented conceptual conglomerate to build it; many thanks to DV and LL for their work; all
I have to do is live it; and what a joy Smile
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 9:21 pm

with all possibility of selling to these high powered, registered rarity breeder`s eliminated, I thought I better get to work creating some illusions for my upcoming sale; so I took some pics today to verify, following df`s advice, a single theme...this fescue is bad shit {a term I picked up from Ben} and you gotta have exceptional genetics to just live in such a harsh environment...just look at this awful stuff, Jan 29, 2012...not a bale of hay fed yet; just trying to mimic the Fayros
Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale Fescue

it`s hell on these old 17 yr old cows like the dam of Sniff the Wind...

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale Fescue5

and it`s hell on these big framed cows like the dam of that calf Rod`s got running wild and free in the vicinity of Wyarno...and to top it off, this cow is descended from Shoshone/HBR stuff...remember my another BS`er at 4.9 who said don`t take them western genetics east boys...right on; right here is the proof Exclamation

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale Fescue7

and then these big, inefficient, outlier cows that wean these big 700 lb calves here just go all to pieces...more proof of Fayros theorms....

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale Fescue3

of course, if you just leave it up to nature, evolution can kick in and you`ll get these better adapted cows like Sniffy`s paternal sisters...

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale Fescue4

but gee whiz, Sniff has already gone to Joe`s and all I got left is a son out of this poor doing fescue skeleton to breed back to make some top inbreds just like ole aladacious over at Advantage...

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale Fescue6

ya know, maybe df and UK is right; I just oughta eradicate this damn ole fescue and re-seed my pastures to something a cow can thrive on...well, that is the story for today boys; I`m sticking with it about as long as mainstream registered breeders stick with a breeding program...that is, until someone tells a better story I can rustle... cheers
Back to top Go down
df

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 9:51 pm

Good story MK.........but I know I never told you to get rid of fescue.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 9:59 pm

df wrote:

guilt by association...a good university employee cannot busk the status quo..remember you telling me that? Smile
Back to top Go down
df

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 10:07 pm

MKeeney wrote:
df wrote:

guilt by association...a good university employee cannot busk the status quo..remember you telling me that? Smile

by now, you know where I stand, or were you texting in "class" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jonken

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 7:22 pm

Where do you stand df ? Please tell me it's in the reflection of the MOON .
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 7:57 pm

jonken wrote:

Quite the balancing act to stand on a fence...I`ve just been reading about the CSU class learning " marketing" with Leachman...back to Will Rogers, why not breed something first? half the university animal science departments need shutting down to see if we miss them...
Back to top Go down
Angus 62

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 9:43 pm

Tom Fields at least tried to run some sort of breeding program at CSU. Today it is a joke.
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:15 pm

MKeeney wrote:
jonken wrote:

Quite the balancing act to stand on a fence...

Was that df crushing his grapes bouncing up and down on that tight rope in Madonna's half-time show?

TD scratch
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 9:00 am

If you choose Independence, we invite you to be with us April 7, 2012, 12 noon, @ the farm,

45 yearling ABC bulls,
30 bred and open heifers
ph 606-305-4501 for a
catalog
About Wal-mart, coats, and bulls
Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart every hour
 every day.   This works out to $20,928 every minute!    
Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Sears + Costco + K- Mart combined...  
Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people, is the world's largest private employer and most speak English.  Wal-Mart is now the largest company in the history of the world. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 2,906 are Super Centers;1,000 more than it had five years ago. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger and Safeway combined. And keep in mind little Sam did this in only fifteen years. During this same period, 31 big supermarket chains sought bankruptcy.
You may think that I am complaining, but I am really laying the ground work for suggesting that  MAYBE we should hire the smarter guys who run Wal-Mart to fix the beef industry. What Sam and Henry Ford had in common was an innovative ability to reduce their inputs in order to provide their products to the common masses at a lower price than their competition, which of course is the exact opposite of the registered seedstock industry today.
Instead of going to Paris to buy a fashionable coat to keep them warm, cost conscious buyers go to Wal-Mart to buy a coat that gives them proper warmth, comfort and longevity without the added expense of rare fashion; economics are more important than ego. Keeney Angus customers buy bulls with the same basic qualities in mind. Wal-Mart sells generic products; so do we. Those wishing to wrap themselves in pedigrees or find pictures of ancestry in the Angus Journal won’t shop here; we produce predictable utility at lower cost; not computer enhanced, pretty pictures. Choosing the proper coat or bull is pretty simple; in fact, it is as easy as learning your ABC’s. Though our cattle are bred specifically for use by commercial producers; we welcome inquiry from breeders interested in producing genetics the Wal-Mart way; we will build a new seedstock industry future together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:57 pm

MKeeney wrote:

45 yearling ABC bulls,
30 bred and open heifers
ph 606-305-4501 for a
catalog
About Wal-mart, coats, and bulls
Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart every hour
 every day.   This works out to $20,928 every minute!    
Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Sears + Costco + K- Mart combined...  
Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people, is the world's largest private employer and most speak English.  Wal-Mart is now the largest company in the history of the world. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 2,906 are Super Centers;1,000 more than it had five years ago. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger and Safeway combined. And keep in mind little Sam did this in only fifteen years. During this same period, 31 big supermarket chains sought bankruptcy.
You may think that I am complaining, but I am really laying the ground work for suggesting that  MAYBE we should hire the smarter guys who run Wal-Mart to fix the beef industry. What Sam and Henry Ford had in common was an innovative ability to reduce their inputs in order to provide their products to the common masses at a lower price than their competition, which of course is the exact opposite of the registered seedstock industry today.
Instead of going to Paris to buy a fashionable coat to keep them warm, cost conscious buyers go to Wal-Mart to buy a coat that gives them proper warmth, comfort and longevity without the added expense of rare fashion; economics are more important than ego. Keeney Angus customers buy bulls with the same basic qualities in mind. Wal-Mart sells generic products; so do we. Those wishing to wrap themselves in pedigrees or find pictures of ancestry in the Angus Journal won’t shop here; we produce predictable utility at lower cost; not computer enhanced, pretty pictures. Choosing the proper coat or bull is pretty simple; in fact, it is as easy as learning your ABC’s. Though our cattle are bred specifically for use by commercial producers; we welcome inquiry from breeders interested in producing genetics the Wal-Mart way; we will build a new seedstock industry future together.

The goodies above is why I am here. You will not find this kind of honesty, forethought, or inspiration anywhere else the underworld of cattle breeding, dog breeding, cat breeding, breeding of anykind. Breeding is what makes the world go round. How we go about it, keeps it from warbling out of its intended orbit.

I see inspirations and ideas and leanings of other's thoughts intertwinded into the Keeneyisms, and that is what makes it the most beautiful.

If no one else will give you a public pat on the back, I sure will.

Joe Hendley
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 2:11 pm

I appreciate it Joe; and I sure hope we can build something lasting FOR YOU and the OTHERS LIKE YOU that gives you enough to stay the course...actually, once you know, what other course is there? It`s just nice to have company as we go along...
I just had a great conversation with a Kansas Hereford breeder that seems to fit our group to a T...It`s enough to make me humm Starship songs all day...common sense is out there; we`re here, and people are slowly finding us...paraphrasing

humming we built this city on common sense {instead of rock and roll} Smile
Back to top Go down
Mark Day

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 8:24 am

My county is the only county of 88 in Ohio without a Walmart. Sure does not keep people from shopping at them though. Wearing my copy machine out with all of the copies made from the latest Keeney Corner Ad in Cow Country News. If many go down and bid you won't be selling bulls at Walmart prices.
Back to top Go down
larkota

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 6:30 pm

The Wal-Mart Song

I suppose it was just a matter of time before this was all set to music. SO, here it is! Turn Up The Volume!

Walmart has finally got a theme song!

https://www.youtube.com/v/6RzcvFLPg1A?version=3%22%3E%3Cparam
Back to top Go down
Oldtimer

Oldtimer

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 10:20 pm

larkota wrote:
The Wal-Mart Song

I suppose it was just a matter of time before this was all set to music. SO, here it is! Turn Up The Volume!

Laughing Laughing What I sacrifice and miss by refusing to set foot in a Walmart... But I'd probably be laughing out loud or making some kind of comment and getting myself into trouble.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Grassfarmer

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 12:16 am

Like you OT I don't go there on principle so it was an interesting glimpse into how the other half live affraid
I'm kind of uneasy with Mikes mention of Walmart in among his brilliant promotional material. There is a parasitic element to Walmart in my mind, a feeling of people being screwed in the process and tying that in with their undoubted financial success that has seen them become the overwhelming sector leader just makes them seem too much like the mainstream purebred cattle sector to me. Maybe their CEOs could drive the Beef Industry Inc. to new levels but I think I'd rather shop at the mom and pop store, run by good salt of the earth people Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.luingcattle.com
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 7:23 am

Oldtimer wrote:
larkota wrote:
The Wal-Mart Song

Laughing Laughing What I sacrifice and miss by refusing to set foot in a Walmart... But I'd probably be laughing out loud or making some kind of comment and getting myself into trouble.... Laughing

capitalism and innovation doesn`t suit everyone; especially cattlemen inclinced to want to sponge off other`s work and reputation...
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 7:36 am

Grassfarmer wrote:
Like you OT I don't go there on principle so it was an interesting glimpse into how the other half live affraid
I'm kind of uneasy with Mikes mention of Walmart in among his brilliant promotional material. There is a parasitic element to Walmart in my mind, a feeling of people being screwed in the process and tying that in with their undoubted financial success that has seen them become the overwhelming sector leader just makes them seem too much like the mainstream purebred cattle sector to me. Maybe their CEOs could drive the Beef Industry Inc. to new levels but I think I'd rather shop at the mom and pop store, run by good salt of the earth people Smile

by parasitic element, do you mean, if you lazass around and want to do things the old traditional registered way selling BS and riding on someone elses glory with a papered con connection, I or Wal-Mart is going to devour your ass, then you got it right... Smile
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 8:04 am

Wal-Mart isn't a parasite, it's an apex predator.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 8:15 am

Tom D wrote:
Wal-Mart isn't a parasite, it's an apex predator.
I`ll let everyone else google that as I did...the definition will stick with them longer Smile
oh btw, agreed Tom , they are an apex predator Smile
Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 8:40 am

Odd that folks want to talk about time efficiency, dollar efficiency (economical), feed efficiency, grazing efficiency, $E and efficient cattle and then they despise efficiency in business. OT, you missed out on the "occupy Wall Street" chance a few months ago. Maybe you can make up for it and go to Mike's sale and occupy a chair and make them all mad by buying all of the offerings. Or if you really want to make an impact with an occupation, just lock yourself in the only he/she bathroom in a busy location! Take something to read. DV, I'd rather not have a artist's rendition of OT occuping the he/she! Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Grassfarmer

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 10:25 am

MKeeney wrote:
Grassfarmer wrote:

by parasitic element, do you mean, if you lazass around and want to do things the old traditional registered way selling BS and riding on someone elses glory with a papered con connection, I or Wal-Mart is going to devour your ass, then you got it right... Smile

No that's not at all what I mean by parasitic. What I'm referring to, and admittedly it's based more on my knowledge of Tesco a European version of Walmart than Walmart itself, is the total lack of ethics and basic human decency. Shady land deals where the company acquires property to build on by paying backhanders to local councillors to grant them planning approval and denying the same to competitors. I have no time for entities that use their scale to bully and use illegal practices to further their own gains, Monsanto is another because they can bankrupt anyone that dares challenge them in court regardless of the rights or wrongs of the court case. I like competition too and think it is part of a healthy business environment. Having zero concern over the welfare of the workers in a far off land that produce the products that generate the profit in their store is not something I support. A couple of cents to a worker in the third world sometimes makes the difference between eating and going hungry and i won't support the multibillion dollar profit business in the west that does that because its unnecessary, unethical greed. In the purebred cattle world the guys that try to make themselves the apex predators tend to leave a sour taste - think Leachmans, Pharo...
Back to top Go down
http://www.luingcattle.com
Oldtimer

Oldtimer

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 10:46 am

Grassfarmer wrote:

I agree 100%...I had heard about it before- but after I saw them move into the Billings Heights, use their wealth and big corporate abundance to undercut every drug store in the area until they had put most out of business- and then raise their prices to as high or higher than they were before to profiteer off all the consumers I see them more as legalized mafia parasites...That and their predisposistion of giving the American worker the finger- and funneling manufacturing into a Communist run economy... Luckily here to run to the nearest Walmart is about an 8 hour round trip Wink Razz ...

The Walmarting of America.. Sad
If that is the new form of capitalism- they can have it... I'll gladly pay more at our local stores just so we can keep them- from folks I know and trust- and gladly pay extra to buy from them or buy American made products.....Same way with cattle, I don't need to be running all over the country chasing the fad sale of the month when I can stay right in the area- buy from and support people I know and trust- and get as good or a better local produced product...

Quote :
Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next