Keeney`s Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale

Go down 
+20
Dylan Biggs
chocolate cow
robert
shilow angus
MVCatt
tc
Hilly
outsidethebox
PatB
Larry Leonhardt
EddieM
Grassfarmer
Oldtimer
larkota
Tom D
Angus 62
jonken
df
Mark Day
MKeeney
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Farmerkuk

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 8:27 pm

well done!! Very Happy

congratulations
Back to top Go down
Mark Day

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 10:13 pm

I just was not able to get down this year. Not surprised folks had a great time and some people did not get things purchased. Would have been nice to visit with the Foreman's as I have sat with them during a few sales. I guess the good thing (for me) about not going I did not decide to buy a new bull that I really do not need because I love cattle auctions and romanticizing about the benefits of a new bull.
Back to top Go down
Danny Miller

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 10:58 pm

Mike, good solid sale!!!! Was impressed with the bulls offered.
Really enjoyed the pre sale talk....Made allot of sense.

Danny Miller - Also traveling the road less traveled.....Only with white faces. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.jmsvictordomino.com
Oldtimer

Oldtimer

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 12:58 am

Congrats Mike- it sounds like you satisfied the number 1 person that matters in making a sale- yourself.....
Back to top Go down
AlaBill

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 7:25 am

I can only say one word about Mike's sale...OUTSTANDING!

It is unbelievable how much information was shared during this weekend, both my Mike and other around. The Tru-Line concept was in action this weekend in Nancy, Kentucky.

Not an EPD to be found, but if we were looking for a bull to produce maternal females; that would be from Model A cowmaker bulls in Pens 1, 2 & 3. What about sureshot calving ease bulls? Well that would be Pen 5. Balanced trait outcrossed bulls were to be found in pens 4 and 4a.

What struck me was the simplicity of the process combined with the ability of the buyer to actually know something about the bulls he wanted to purchase. At Mike's on Saturday, there was much more information for me to make decisions than in a typical registered Angus sale catalog.

Great job Mike and thanks for the hospitality.

Bill
Back to top Go down
tc

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 8:38 am

AlaBill wrote:
I can only say one word about Mike's sale...OUTSTANDING!

It is unbelievable how much information was shared during this weekend, both my Mike and other around. The Tru-Line concept was in action this weekend in Nancy, Kentucky.

Not an EPD to be found, but if we were looking for a bull to produce maternal females; that would be from Model A cowmaker bulls in Pens 1, 2 & 3. What about sureshot calving ease bulls? Well that would be Pen 5. Balanced trait outcrossed bulls were to be found in pens 4 and 4a.

What struck me was the simplicity of the process combined with the ability of the buyer to actually know something about the bulls he wanted to purchase. At Mike's on Saturday, there was much more information for me to make decisions than in a typical registered Angus sale catalog.

Great job Mike and thanks for the hospitality.

Bill

AlaBill...It was good to meet you yesterday and find out where you live in Ala. you made some Great choices in bulls yesterday you will be pleased with these bulls.
another Great set of bulls and heifers Mike as always.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 8:58 am

Congrats Mike. It sounds like a very fullfilling weekend for everyone. I like Alabill's quote about so much information and not an EPD to be found. Funny how when the sun is shinning and the clouds all pass away and the fog lifts, just how clear and beautiful that blue sky can be. Life is good when you just let it be.

Happy Easter Everyone, Jack
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 12:28 pm

finally got the laptop working; crash on the other...thx to all...be a couple days before i`m running full speed ...several small victories yesterday; none better than the couple with registered cows that decided it was more important to buy a kA bull than a registered bull...genetics first....what a change !
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 1:02 pm

Oldtimer wrote:
Congrats Mike- it sounds like you satisfied the number 1 person that matters in making a sale- yourself.....

I`m expecting to be asked to join Shaquielle O'Neal, Steve Nash and Coach Tom Izzo in making a "comfortable in my own skin" commercial anytime...but comfortable doesn`t mean complacent...thankfully, I made enough money to pay for the banner...see, I took note of some things at HBR last year Smile

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 7 Sign1

Bootheel`s and Kathy`s pic is on the new Keeney Corner`s bulletin board as well, thx to TomD`s one man selection committee approval...I concurred!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 1:26 pm

Good job on your sale Mike. “In character, in manner, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity.”- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Brook and I hope to make the trip someday. I'm always fascinated with new country.

Congratulations,
Ben Loyning, In the vicinity of plastic grass scattered all over hell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 1:33 pm

Wish I could have been there mike. But it was probably better that i was not. Very few people can look back and have no desire to satisfy anyone including themselves? That in itself is satisfaction! Thanks Mike.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:52 am

whom shall I satisfy ?
the commercial marketplace by breeding the cattle and applying the principles of the system to my own operation...whether anyone else "buys" into the concept is dependent on their acceptance of a different way of doing things; largely based on their own ability and common sense experience making a living with cattle, just like me, in that same commercial marketplace...
too many commercial producers get conned into jumping on the same bandwagon as the registered breeders are riding...maybe correctly so though, for they have to cure the last problems the bandwagon breeders created...
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:56 am

you just can`t satisfy everyone...WT has asked privately if he gets a sorting stick, but all I can offer is either ABC alphabet blocks,
or a coloring book. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 9:41 am

MKeeney wrote:
you just can`t satisfy everyone...WT has asked privately if he gets a sorting stick, but all I can offer is either ABC alphabet blocks,
or a coloring book. Smile

I will take the coloring book.... I cant spell any way.. Too many choices.... scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:49 pm

female form following function...

an influx of genetics for Performance{weight gain} on grass...
Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 7 B1-1

influenced by genetics for longevity, fertility, cow production,

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 7 Lucy1-1

influenced by genetics for lower birth weight, fertility, moderate cow size...

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 7 Frances1-1

and since he is trying to live down his name, an example of why Unwanted isn`t going to be standing
in a pasture without any cows this year...
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 3:13 pm

just finished a one on one type conference with Charles; great enjoyment last night and today...Charles is building a clearer and more ambitous vision for his operation; namely to furnish Eastern Ohio and surrounding areas with the variety of bulls needed to produce more from less in commercial herds...a one stop Wal-Mart store; owned, managed, operated, verified, and guaranteed by Charles ...
thx Charles ; a joy to watch and for KC TO be just a little part of your progress...
MK, in the vicinity of welcoming Joe, Kathy,{just wait til you see my new white dog} and just confirmed, Mark this Saturday{bringing me some bulls; darn tootin` I was impressed with those heifers Very Happy }...things are so enughish here, that not only the neighbors, but even I, can`t tell if I`m working or playing... Smile but I know the concept is growing, and it`s the concept that is fast becoming bigger than just any one man....
Back to top Go down
Mark Day

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:39 pm

Quote :
Mark this Saturday{bringing me some bulls; darn tootin` I was impressed with those heifers

Always fun bringing bulls to KA but anxious about the extra set of eyes to judge them.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:47 am

Mark Day wrote:
Quote :
Mark this Saturday{bringing me some bulls; darn tootin` I was impressed with those heifers

Always fun bringing bulls to KA but anxious about the extra set of eyes to judge them.
not nearly as anxious as I get selling them rather than just judging them...so, along with the picturesque descripition that made me laugh, the facts below made me breathe easier...

Have calved 30 calves out of 145 heifers as of tonight . April 20 is my due date , so calves will probably start getting bigger . So far all heifers have calved unassisted .My poorest heifer calved this pm, unassisted . She is built like a Mexican roping steer , I am shocked that she has milk . If she can calve unassisted then I feel way better . Weather may hurt me , The little KA bulls are filling out looking better as time passes.

Take Care JRN

Back to top Go down
Mark Day

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 7:17 am

Quote :
not nearly as anxious as I get selling them rather than just judging them...so, along with the picturesque descripition that made me laugh, the facts below made me breathe easier...

Have calved 30 calves out of 145 heifers as of tonight . April 20 is my due date , so calves will probably start getting bigger . So far all heifers have calved unassisted .My poorest heifer calved this pm, unassisted . She is built like a Mexican roping steer , I am shocked that she has milk . If she can calve unassisted then I feel way better . Weather may hurt me , The little KA bulls are filling out looking better as time passes.

For all I know this one little Unwanted son could be going to someone a bit tougher to please so I am a bit more anxious because he must please you and him and then Bootheel thrown into the equation too,
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 7:26 am

Mark Day wrote:
Quote :

For all I know this one little Unwanted son could be going to someone a bit tougher to please so I am a bit more anxious because he must please you and him and then Bootheel thrown into the equation too,

those that are unrealistically tough to please have already gone, or are going, somewhere else...
Back to top Go down
Mark Day

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 7:43 am

Quote :
those that are unrealistically tough to please have already gone, or are going, somewhere el
se.

Then I guess none of us should be anxious anymore.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 7:45 am

He is better than your closest big name competitor isn`t he?

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 7 Boyd

REG. BLACK ANGUS BULL, PURCHASED HIM FROM CHARLIE BOYD FARMS IN MAYSVILLE KY
EXCELLENT BREEDER, SUPER GENTLE, $2,200

The only thing that depreciates faster than a new car is a mainstream Angus bull...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 1:31 pm

Mark Day wrote:
Quote :

I cleaned out the bed of my truck, getting all of the goo, oil, wire, fuel tank, diapers in various states of decomposition, spare parts, blocks of wood, tools, hay, grease, more goo, dog hair, and even washed it and the rest of the exterior. From a distance it looks pretty good on the outside, especially right now in the rain. The inside is not as easily analysed, from a distance, and still smells like dirt, grease, grime, dog hair, cow poo, and a variety of snack particles in various states of decomposition.

Bootheel, handing out parables instead of demerits

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 8:22 am

Once the kids is whooped, and the coffee gets drank, I will be heading your way Mike, along with the wife.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 8:29 am

Bootheel wrote:
Once the kids is whooped, and the coffee gets drank, I will be heading your way Mike, along with the wife.

we`ll have the light on for you Joe; even if it`s afternoon Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next