Keeney`s Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale

Go down 
+20
Dylan Biggs
chocolate cow
robert
shilow angus
MVCatt
tc
Hilly
outsidethebox
PatB
Larry Leonhardt
EddieM
Grassfarmer
Oldtimer
larkota
Tom D
Angus 62
jonken
df
Mark Day
MKeeney
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 9:49 am

Eddie i cant pick them apart. Too many similarities in all of them. And not enough knowledge of the cattle for me to say too much.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:17 pm

I`ve failed to get up promised pics today; plowed ground until 8:45...and the old grey mare ain`t what she used to be... pale
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:10 pm

worth repeating...
since my cattle have paid their way commercially, and continue to do so, I don`t need or want much of your money for my bulls...but I want ALL YOUR COWS for expanding our knowledge and the commercial producer`s knowledge of what we have set out to do...
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 4:54 am

MKeeney wrote:
always good to see what the competition is doing...

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 6 Competition

REG. ANGUS BULLS- VET CHECKED, SEMEN CHECKED,SHOTS,WORMED READY TO GO TO WORK A'I sired out of A'I sired cows ,
Predestined,Bextor,Mandan,095, $2500

is the current tank movement designed to cure the above, or would several bu of corn be easier? or is the tank movement the result of selection for yw while attempting to hold down cow size?

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 6 Tank-1

is farao now even driving the mainstream?

I`ve never been so out of touch with the registered Angus world...success at last; and I didn`t even have to "change" anything Exclamation Smile

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 6 049-1-1

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 6 095-1
Back to top Go down
Dylan Biggs

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 2:42 pm

Mike, the bulls look good and in just the right condition. What have they been on for feed?

DB
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 2:54 pm

Dylan Biggs wrote:
Mike, the bulls look good and in just the right condition. What have they been on for feed?

DB

Corn silage and 4 lb ddg since about 30 days after weaning...in a couple of breeder`s terms, all forage Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
Dylan Biggs

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 2:56 pm

Mike, just curious, what gain did that result in?
Back to top Go down
Dylan Biggs

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 2:59 pm

Not that it makes a hill of beans worth of difference.
Back to top Go down
Dylan Biggs

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 2:59 pm

Will most of the buyers use these bulls in June?
Back to top Go down
Dylan Biggs

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:00 pm

Mike, are the bulls semen tested?
Back to top Go down
Dylan Biggs

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:00 pm

What age are the bulls?
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:09 pm

Dylan Biggs wrote:
Mike, just curious, what gain did that result in?

laughing here so hard I had to just type instead of use a emoticons...answer to question

I don`t know Smile nothing was ever weighed except a couple at random...

I figure the ration should be enough to get maximum frame development and breeding soundness...the different types react as expected; the smaller framed, earlier maturing have a bit of flesh...I`d guess .2 over the 12th {spoken as a former live animal evaluation contest winner } Smile the two above, less ...but, that was a mere 45 years ago; and you lose competitiveness in some things over time Smile
Back to top Go down
Dylan Biggs

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:19 pm

Mike, old habits die hard, glad to make you laugh!
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:14 pm

Dylan Biggs wrote:

you actually just set it up beautifully Dylan...and I`m laughing in anticipation of all the "performance breeders reading" reaction to a breeder not weighing his stock...but as always, I`ll have the last say,and laugh, because none of the performance proponents bother to weigh their feed... Smile
Back to top Go down
Dylan Biggs

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:29 pm

Mike, where are their NDP's, no I meant EDP's?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:45 pm

MKeeney wrote:
Dylan Biggs wrote:

you actually just set it up beautifully Dylan...and I`m laughing in anticipation of all the "performance breeders reading" reaction to a breeder not weighing his stock...but as always, I`ll have the last say,and laugh, because none of the performance proponents bother to weigh their feed... Smile

Thats not fair mike expecting them to weigh there feed? I thought the best way to select was the one with the largest appetite?
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 9:48 pm

Dylan Biggs wrote:
What age are the bulls?
all born in March; I trust them to breed 20 head in this country come May 15...probably breed 150 in CO; the state of miracles Smile
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 9:57 pm

RED TAG...STOP...TERMINAL ... Question

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 6 146simmy-1
Back to top Go down
Danny Miller

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 7:57 am

Mike, looks like you will have great weather for your sale!! See you in the morning!!
DM
Back to top Go down
http://www.jmsvictordomino.com
AlaBill

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 8:06 am

Bull buyers coming from all around to check out the Keeney "NO EPD" Black Angus Herd Sale Smile Smile Smile

Good luck, but not too good as I expect to be a buyer.

See you later today Mike.

Bill
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 8:25 am

Glad you`re coming Danny...and AlaBill...when you eliminate, or ok, lessen, "chance" breeding results, that kinda takes luck out of the equation; live or die on ability Smile ...in some of these matings, you might actually get more good than you see expressed...and yes, sadly, an epd wouldn`t acknowledge that either...
and yelp, in the Simmy x pictured above, you see more heterosis than you will get...

battling mainstream tradition is like guerillia warfare, you need only to get enough to live to fight another day... Smile and actually, I get enough right here every day from the time and effort the posters apply daily...
my thanks to everyone of you ahead of time for putting breeding principles ahead of money...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:44 am

Sounds like the road less traveled has got some heavy traffic today and tomorrow. I'd wish you luck Mike but luck has nothing to do with it so I'll just wish you a very nice day for your sale. Enjoy, Jack
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 10:20 pm

Jack thanks...keeping this short; only two beers might make me say stupid things ...ok. ok, so I don`t need the beers to be stupid Smile ...but I`m in from the pre-sale party, the KC crowd was well represented...the Walkers including Dad and son Ian, TomD alone {BUT HE BROUGHT A TRAILER Smile }, Ronnie and Glennie {Ronnie is fun; but Glennie...well, now Glennie is special Smile }, AlaBill, son and farm manager {having fun; look out Jack, they`re coming to Miles City Smile }, a young, serious minded fellow, past customer, named Greg Foreman and his Dad from S IL, {THE YOUTH MOVEMENT ABOUNDS HERE}, and my local friend always ready to help me, Jeff...thx for the called in bids, the notes of appreciation {especially you KLENNON; long time, no hear}...and I`m thinking especially of Bootheel tonight as the family deals with his mom`s illness...miss you Joe !
The Select Sire semen tank filler was here today; I showed him the DV art rendition of KA Independence, and he grinned and said he had not ever seen any sale advertisements quite like that...I asked him if Select Sires might be interested in hiring DV and I to do their next advertising campaign, and he thought NOT...but he did agree the bulls procurement staff is pretty much a farce...showbull after showbull...fat, fat, fat...and DV and I could do better...progress Smile
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 5:11 pm

Beautiful day...3 or 4 bulls did not sell; a couple of KC bull orders did not get filled; ran out of maternal bulls...will be in touch in that regard...the format of giving people information about what the cattle would do was far greater appreciated than all that past maze of epd`s and scoring BS etc...full speed ahead...I could use another 25 open heifers by KA bulls for customers who got outbid somewhere in a day`s driving distance...Thanks to my crew, paid and volunteer, that makes things happen...AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOU...Viva la Independence....
Back to top Go down
shilow angus

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 7:42 pm

MKeeney wrote:
Beautiful day...3 or 4 bulls did not sell; a couple of KC bull orders did not get filled; ran out of maternal bulls...will be in touch in that regard...the format of giving people information about what the cattle would do was far greater appreciated than all that past maze of epd`s and scoring BS etc...full speed ahead...I could use another 25 open heifers by KA bulls for customers who got outbid somewhere in a day`s driving distance...Thanks to my crew, paid and volunteer, that makes things happen...AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOU...Viva la Independence....

Good cattle,Good people,Good weather,Good sale....Good host Congrats Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale   Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Keeney Angus April 7 Bull and Heifer Sale
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next