Keeney`s Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2015 Keeney Angus Bull Sale

Go down 
+13
Bob H
Mark Day
tc
RobertMac
tulip
Tom D
pukerimu
larkota
EddieM
outsidethebox
Danny Miller
Grassfarmer
shilow angus
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
MKeeney
Admin

2015 Keeney Angus Bull Sale - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2015 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   2015 Keeney Angus Bull Sale - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 7:44 am

EddieM wrote:
Adage: keep friend close and enemies even closer.  One big bundle of love and joy.  Bon Voyage.
After a few days out in the big facebook world , quite obvious that if you want to debate the marketers,facebook is where it's at...I'm there to find commercial producers, not change Dave Nichols program, but offer an alternative to any commercial producers who might venture therein...few I suspect, but over laden with the registered crowd. ..it's an entertaining joust where the no name can challenge the big name, and our cattle experience allows one to debate with confidence...not that we have great cattle, just knowing that they,  the big names, don't either
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Mark Day

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   2015 Keeney Angus Bull Sale - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 7:52 am

Seth Godin blog today

The client and the customer

This is a choice, a huge one in the life of the freelancer, the entrepreneur or anyone who seeks to engage with the marketplace.

The customer buys (or doesn't buy) what you make.

The client asks you to make something.

The customer has the power to choose, but the client has the power to define, insist and spec.

There is a large number of potential customers, and you make for them before you know precisely who they are.

There are just a relative handful of clients, though, and your work happens after you find them.

If a customer doesn't like what's on offer, she can come back tomorrow. If the client doesn't like what you deliver, she might leave forever.

You can do great work for either.

But don't confuse them.

Choose your customers. Choose your clients.

And most of all, choose which category you're serving.

[Worth noting: Software and the internet let us disrupt a market by transforming clients into customers and customers into clients. People who used to have to take what was an offer can now get a customized version almost as easily. And people who used to pay extra for the bespoke version can now have the convenience and economy of merely buying what's on offer.]

Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   2015 Keeney Angus Bull Sale - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 8:31 am

good thoughts Mark

Perhaps this helps explain why I rarely sell a bull in the southern adjoining county...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/generalmoney/the-poorest-county-in-each-state/ar-AAgnmFA?li=BBnb7Kz#image=AAgn1tI|17
Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   2015 Keeney Angus Bull Sale - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 10:05 am

MKeeney wrote:
so that`s why the playboys at the KY Beef Cattle Association were building and bedding a "maternity barn"...reckon they bed with green shavings?

Green shavings remind the show cattle of "the green, green grass of home" that they used to see out of the barn door. Nostalgic. Need a red barn and a windmill with a crowing rooster. Mom, Pop, the bun hair-do, bib overalls, the pitchfork. Real rural life except for the reality. Still version: art. Historic version: Hee Haw TV show. Current version: cattle shows.

I wonder if the Foundation pays the bill for the green dye. After all it is for the chillens, the youths of today, the leaders of tomorrow, the future buyers of breeding stock and current buyers of show animals. All intentions are as pure as the driven snow, aren't they? Like in any political situation?
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   2015 Keeney Angus Bull Sale - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2016 11:43 am

the road less traveled because of environmental rather than genetic influences

2015 Keeney Angus Bull Sale - Page 9 1242_zpsffdyxsrc

we choose to feed hay in the horizon rather than give a Hilly "quick study" on cows learning to break/dig though snow for stockpile

2015 Keeney Angus Bull Sale - Page 9 1243_zpsxwvpce8a

Did the term "shelter break" come from "breaking" the weather or because the limbs break off?

2015 Keeney Angus Bull Sale - Page 9 1241_zpsxwyccki2
Back to top Go down
larkota

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   2015 Keeney Angus Bull Sale - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2016 12:33 pm

bet it's hard to find your balls  lol!

would think Florida starting to look pretty good about now.
Back to top Go down
pukerimu

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   2015 Keeney Angus Bull Sale - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2016 3:23 pm

Brghhh - we are experiencing a heat wave here - unheard of temps in Norsewood - 31 deg C yesterday - came home from a night away to water problems - gotta love that ....................... NOT. Luckily A bulls had only just emptied their trough otherwise the fighting could have started. They have been incredibly settled - trying to keep it that way until June 13th.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mtmableangus.co.nz
Bob H

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   2015 Keeney Angus Bull Sale - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2016 9:25 pm

Oh Mike where did the green grass go. Hope it melts soon and good luck. Bob H
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   2015 Keeney Angus Bull Sale - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 8:43 am

Bob, a little adversity just brings out the best in good people...

would someone without a face book account click this link to check if you can read the post ?

https://www.facebook.com/mike.keeney.71
Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   2015 Keeney Angus Bull Sale - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 10:00 am

Reads fine to me.
Back to top Go down
R V

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   2015 Keeney Angus Bull Sale - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 11:01 pm

Mike,
Nice pictures x2 and a little biographical data was what I could see. I never knew there were so many Mike Keeneys in the world! There was a full column on the right side.
Ron
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Keeney Angus Bull Sale   2015 Keeney Angus Bull Sale - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2015 Keeney Angus Bull Sale
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9