Keeney`s Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what true line means to you?

Go down 
+36
RobertMac
EddieM
MKeeney
pukerimu
bulls4u
Chad Chisholm
alexfarms
Dan
df
CW
rross
saddletramp
Danny Miller
Mark Day
mikejd4020
OAK LANE FARM
Farmerkuk
Double B
larkota
outsidethebox
mshaffer1
PatB
Oldtimer
JSelte
whitecow
Hilly
R V
Larry Leonhardt
jonken
Dylan Biggs
Angus 62
LCP
RedBulls
Kent Powell
Tom D
MVCatt
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Larry Leonhardt

what true line means to you? - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: what true line means to you?   what true line means to you? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 8:59 pm

Eddie M, your post is the most precious short summation of everything I have ever said or rED and is among the top of my list of most notable posts, only a chicken farmer could think like that.

I cannot respond here for a while as I have no monkey pictures. Sad  Maybe tomorrow when the blues are a little bluer, the greens and the reds get put out for decorations and the yellows are the color of egg yokes.

Well, whether I'm old, wrinkled and look like a monkey or not,  I'm more than happy that I'm finally getting some responses to my posts, along with a private email from Dennis the Menace and Ed Optimum.   Happy that MK is getting me a Christmas present reminding me of Betty and I's first Christmas together...   Honest to G_ _, she bought me a stuffed yellow and black monkey or chimpanzee about 2 ft. high that looked just like me, especially the eyes and ears.....when I opened it, she laughed and instead of crying I decided to laugh harder than she was....cuz who wooda ever thought of the probability of her marrying  someone who looked like a monkey.

No one knows she chose me, I didn't choose her, she forced me into marriage with her pretty sweet looks and quiet sweet voice, never a discouraging word to be heard.......DV thinks Elizabeth Ruth has the sweetest voice on the phone, but the real Betty's signals and noises changed after we were married. Sad .....as the father of truliner TRUTH, I'm CERTAINLY not to blame at all for that, it's her genetics....don't worry she doesn't read KC Smile 

What's in a name in the smiley world, the first name of Ed is beginning to become synonymous with level hEaDiness, like Eddie Martin, Edwins Oliver, Eddie Draper.....why even the level headED talking horse was named Mr. Ed.  I don't want to confuse Tom D, but when the last name is Edwards, the probability is that the opposite effect occurs, like in John Reid Edwards, like his first name is what we call a toilet....and how ironic is it that his middle name is Reid, you know, his co-chamber sneaky senate colleague Harry.   I think I already told someone that LL and Shosho are repetitive but I never told anyone what MK represents, well its ............., on second thought you decide. Smile 

I feel this deep compulsion to explain by example how a truliner's smiley world differs from a traditional world.    The primary and most important difference is that it is NOT a money world, nor an organized society created to generate more money, but an independent group working together to create more harmony and HAPPINESS for ourselves,  but more importantly for others.   Like Larkota implies, the greatest rewards are the quiet most important things in life, the signals from the noise that I can never say quite right out loud....like -

the useless hours MK and I and others spending our most precious hours of life laughing at our imperfections,  

that one hug that Dennis the menace gave me who has a heart as big as he is,

looking into more understanding appreciative eyes with my monkey grin,

Leroy T driving all the way from Minnesota to get another  bull or two expecting them to continue reducing the problems in his cows that have slowly disappeared, producing more with 140 cows under the same environment that run 120 before;  

John N traveling from northern Montana to Kentucky to buy these imperfect inliner cattle from Mike and I,

Rod Ross pulling a trailer over a scary slick 'n stormy whale of a 70 mile mountain road to buy bulls for several years,

sending my grandson Joey off today with a couple of bulls meeting someone half of the 700 miles away whom I've never met except by telephone, who just wanted good dispositioned bulls expecting good calves with the fewest problems who'll leave him with some good working cows,

Craig and Tom's long journeys here, who have been around the world, just to buy and try to breed truliner inliner cattle,

and oh so many others with contented smiles that causes me to be reluctant in mentioning anyone for fear of leaving so many  out.....

Yes, it's a big wondrous world of infinite diversity and I wonder why people need  to travel so far to find their preferred "inliner" cattle......where we can either love 'em or leave 'em....the probability that this happens is that it is not that they are half of the price of traditional breeding, but it may be the rarity of truliners ability to fulfill what they seek with more certainty.

Ed Oliver had no idea what I'd ever do with those unsolicited pictures he had just sent me, nor did he ever expect me to publicize his private email today, but by hook or crook I am dragging him into KC philosophy, and I am using Ed  to serve as an example of any truliner's probable greatest rewards, THE GIFTS THAT KEEP ON GIVING;  to leave a legacy of happiness when waving goodbye to those we care about.....or, maybe it tis just the season of  jolly expectations when people run out of money before they run out of friends.....ain't I lucky to be accostomed to that on a year around basis.  Smile 

Ed Oliver's word for word email, edited for only one expletive(usually there are more Smile  ):

Larry...Thank you for sending the kind remarks that  you made on KC....I doubt that any of the Loyal will be impressed with my email address...but...if they are, I appreciate you posting it....Larry, you sounded happy and relaxed in your note....That makes ME HAPPY!.....You explained things at our place exactly as they are.....I am having such fun playing with our cattle (Larry and Ed's mixtures of basically the same selection criteria for many years)....Often, I just go out and study them....From my side of it, I can visualize every cow and bull in their background....From your side, I didn't see all the cattle but I don't need to...Hell, I saw Mickey and Minnie and I saw the group that A-389 was picked from....A-389 was my pick simply because she looked like she would fit into my cattle and could thrive under the conditions we provide...BOY, was I ever right....You remember that I picked her without knowing anything about who she was...I didn't have the ear tag codes....You told me later that night in your office who she was...Larry, that cow calved here in April (heifer that lightning killed) and in two years, I backed her up to calving with my cows in late Fall or early Winter....I have about 10 of her daughters and grand daughters....I have put them in a single group on a beautiful farm I rent...It is a horse farm with the black wood fences etc...just down the dirt road from my house...Ken Brubaker was here and took those pictures...They don't do the cows justice...His camera batteries were low so he just took pictures with no effort to get the best shots...Larry, not one of the Leonhardt group has calved late and certainly never missed or lost a calf.....Always weening a strong calf with vigor.....I wrote this the other day .....Someone asked me about the recip cow I bought at Wye in April (terrible mistake)....I said..."Well, let me say this...something is wrong with her calf"..."What", they said....My answer was...."The little fxxxer don't SLOBBER when he nurses like my calves do!"......That little response says volumes.(about Ed's fanaticism with detail)........Gotta run for now...Gotta pick my man up and feed hay...Cold in Georgia this morning...but ...a beautiful day....At my age and condition, ever day is pretty...More response to the note later....You were kind to me in your remarks and I appreciate it....AS ALWAYS......ED OLIVER

I always enjoy John Deere's Furrow monthly philosophy page....a couple from the recent issue:

A man who never makes a mistake will make nothing....John Lubbock (1834-1913)

It is better to sometimes be cheated than not to trust....(Unknown)

Every man is enthusiastic at times, one man has enthusiasm for 30 minutes, another man has it for 30 days, but it is the man who has it for 30 years years who makes a success in life...Edward B. Butler (1853-1928)

LL smiling from ear to ear, contemplating casting my next vote for presidency for anyone who has a FIRST name of Edith, Edna, or______ ....A level headed woman who knows nothing is better than a man who thinks he knows everything - (LL-1934- ) Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what true line means to you?   what true line means to you? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 9:49 pm

Ed Oliver sounds like a man, that is easy to like, Larry and thank you for sharing that E-Mail. And it is nice to know that Eddie can breed the slobber out of his calves, with any luck we can get a genomic test for that in the near future, And just think of the economic value that will be to a quality registered herd calves with no slobber. Razz Razz  W.T Watching Dr Ralph Stanley and the Clinch Mountain Boys and wondering If Mike can dance like that?????????????????
Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: what true line means to you?   what true line means to you? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 8:04 am

Larry, Sure seems like a flurry of "Ed"s here lately. Do "Ed"s migrate to KC every winter?

"Ed"die, talking like a horse of course
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: what true line means to you?   what true line means to you? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 8:09 pm

“Happiness consists in finding out precisely what the "one thing necessary" may be, in our lives, and in gladly relinquishing all the rest. For then, by a divine paradox, we find that everything else is given us together with the one thing we needed.”

― Thomas Merton, No Man Is an Island

“It is not possible to be intimate with more than very few, because there are only very few in the world with whom we have practically everything in common.”
― Thomas Merton, No Man Is an Island

“In other words, I have tried to learn in my writing a monastic lesson I could probably not have learned otherwise: to let go of my idea of myself, to take myself with more than one grain of salt... In religious terms, this is simply a matter of accepting life, and everything in life as a gift, and clinging to none of it, as far as you are able. You give some of it to others, if you can. Yet one should be able to share things with others without bothering too much about how they like it, either, or how they accept it. Assume they will accept it, if they need it. And if they don’t need it, why should they accept it? That is their business. Let me accept what is mine and give them all their share, and go my way.”
― Thomas Merton, A Thomas Merton Reader

MK, spending the evening reading a bald-headed monk after Kendra ruined my haircut fantasy with too much reality Smile 
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
df

PostSubject: Re: what true line means to you?   what true line means to you? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 9:49 pm

How good of a golfer are you? If you aren't too good, maybe I'll bring my clubs!!
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: what true line means to you?   what true line means to you? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 10:16 pm

df wrote:
How good of a golfer are you?  If you aren't too good, maybe I'll bring my clubs!!
there`s no tru-line in my golf game; if you own your own clubs, you`re good enough to play with me Smile 
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: what true line means to you?   what true line means to you? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 8:56 pm

I will get to Larry's A B C questions before the winter is over...as often happens, LL is leading us down another path...a pied piper leading children to slaughter, or to a safe haven on a road less traveled?

The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference........

suffice to say, the only alibi for any B creation {BETWEEN maternal and paternal, not Balance} is it is the road most traveled...while it seldom is the case, blending parts should be a terminal exercise as in this ultimate example...

What is a Turducken?

what true line means to you? - Page 20 D407cd80-c133-4348-b77e-90a1acfdc4bc_zps0d233a50

I bet it`s strange enough to eat a turducken, let alone think how it would breed? would it quack, cluck, or gobble...left to the marketing experts, I bet it would do all three...Smile 
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: what true line means to you?   what true line means to you? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 8:32 pm

ordered another copy of The Principles of Livestock Breeding by Sewall Wright from Amazon...found one review

These same basic principles apply 90 years after and need to be understood by any serious livestock breeder. Livestock breeds were created by envisioning a type and fixing that type through close breeding and careful selection. As Wright himself states "the difficulty lies not so much in knowing the principles as in applying them". Today, more livestock is simply multiplied (good and bad) and has mongrelized the work our forefathers did in stabilizing a type. Breeds should be maintained not re-created. A good book for those who are committed to actually breeding livestock.

reviewers name was Craig...kinda made me wonder Smile 
Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: what true line means to you?   what true line means to you? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 8:18 am

MKeeney wrote:
ordered another copy of The Principles of Livestock Breeding by Sewall Wright from Amazon...found one review

These same basic principles apply 90 years after and need to be understood by any serious livestock breeder. Livestock breeds were created by envisioning a type and fixing that type through close breeding and careful selection. As Wright himself states "the difficulty lies not so much in knowing the principles as in applying them". Today, more livestock is simply multiplied (good and bad) and has mongrelized the work our forefathers did in stabilizing a type. Breeds should be maintained not re-created. A good book for those who are committed to actually breeding livestock.

reviewers name was Craig...kinda made me wonder Smile 
From a sheep mag article:

“Opposition to inbreeding has always leaned heavily on observations by the great geneticist Sewall Wright (1889- 1988), who discovered the widely used "inbreeding coefficient" and several ways of computing it. He analyzed more than 40,000 brother-sister (in-and-in) guinea pig matings (versus random-bred), amass- ing "concrete proof that inbreeding cuts reproduction and growth rates." His facts and figures strongly correspond to data accumulated on inbred livestock, including sheep, which seals the matter. Or does it?
Wright's inbreedings of guinea pigs were not selective. However, another highly-acclaimed scientist, Helen Dean King (1869-1955), selectively inbred over 130 successive generations of rats, with no decrease in their health, size or prolificacy. Then 28 generations of brother-sister matings of wild rats trapped in Philadelphia's streets-some 40,000 animals-supported her suggestions that captivity produces more diversity in a wild race, not less.
Prof. King's research soundly refuted Darwin's claim that inbreeding inevitably led to degeneration. After 50 generations of brother-sister matings from six original pairs, King noted their superiority in fertility, growth, size, and longevity. Similar results were achieved by early sheep breeders Bakewell, Ellman, Hewer and Druce, who found selection far more important than diversity in advancing breed soundness and productivity. These breeders selected heavily, culled heavily and inbred heavily. Their sheep were famous for quality, prolificacy and high prices.”
Back to top Go down
Kent Powell

PostSubject: Re: what true line means to you?   what true line means to you? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 12:46 pm

Refuting Darwin was disallowed a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
http://powellangus.com
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: what true line means to you?   what true line means to you? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 2:19 pm

Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: what true line means to you?   what true line means to you? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 2:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: what true line means to you?   what true line means to you? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 3:22 pm

Kent Powell wrote:
Refuting Darwin was disallowed a long time ago.
EddieM wrote:
more on king
Eddie, please don't resort to name calling just because KP doesn't accept evolution.
Back to top Go down
Kent Powell

PostSubject: Re: what true line means to you?   what true line means to you? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 5:19 pm

I guess some are just more descended than others.
Back to top Go down
http://powellangus.com
Larry Leonhardt

PostSubject: Re: what true line means to you?   what true line means to you? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 6:10 pm

LIFE IS NOTHUN WITHOUT YOU AND YOU AND YOU GIVIN US ALL SOMETHUN TO DO......

To give me more food for fodder in my open book, I received a response from Gavin, one of my favorite peers, still studying my two-day long Nov 24 post on KC ending on Nov 25th,  saying
" But sir I have failed to communicate".    
  Gavin repeated how he and I are essentially doing the same thing using our own best bulls in a closed population to speed up the rate of improvement and stated "I cannot see why you do not see all this improvement going on in the cows, all that is spelt out in what you have written, but you do not see the cow effect.".

And so it must be that others also cannot see the cow effect.   Obviously, improving the bull can improve the cow and improving the cow can improve the bull.  Troubled,  I laughed thinking I am the one that has failed to communicate, I only see the economic impact of the COMMERCIAL cow effect. Smile   Perhaps it is just a difference in terminology, but I do not select the best bulls with the "highest performing genes", rather the best bulls expected to produce MY most problem free cows more often, which includes a very broad scope of the whole cow.  

My last question in that post to end all our questions was to Mike - please explain to KC why you think it would  be easier and faster breeding a more prepotent C than A?. With "C" being paternal and "A" being maternal, I cannot see why Gavin does not see that our cattle could be one of many possible compatible matches to be the "best of two worlds" to produce beef via the benefits of controlled heterosis...Truline SEEDSTOCK breeders do not just produce breeding bulls or cows for ourselves, rather for a pragmatic systems approach for improved HYBRID beef production.    It is a simple formula, "X" x "Y" = Z (the end of the alphabet, not the beginning ABC) Smile 

So onward and upward, this post is dedicated to the clarification of the "cow effect" and to how the simple becomes so complicated not only by my  inability to communicate with more understanding  terminology, but our resistance to see beyond ourselves.   For repeated clarity,  the "TruLine" concept was conceived by reading between the lines, born from an opposite compatible match, a marriage to produce more consistant optimal terminal beef progeny more efficiently.    I also  repeat the Mingus quote for Angus breeders "Making the simple complicated is commonplace, making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, THAT'S CREATIVITY." ....the antonym of my KC posts.  

To make blue bluer for EddieM -  

P(T/E) =  _______P(E/T) x P(T)________
               P(E/T) x P(T) + P(E/-T) x P(-T)

In an attempt to make things more concise and precise, I am NOT anxious to extend the THOMAS Bayes theorems to beef production in a consolidated effort for progress with more formulas as another supplemental tool to enhance the scientific theories of EPD genomics and name associations, e.g. like when Baye_s aspirin can help relieve our pain and reduce the severity of heart attacks, used to "Al_ev___e" the problem rather than provide a cure,e.g.:

SOS (HBS) + DF =  Saving our sanity with humorous brilliant stupidity plus dumb formulas

MarkD, PatB and Grassfarmer surely need to know - Glyphosate is an aminophosphonic analogue of the natural amino acid glycine, and the name is a contraction of gly(cine) phos(phon)ate. The molecule has several dissociable hydrogens, especially the first hydrogen of the phosphate group. The molecule tends to exist as a zwitterion where a phosphonic hydrogen dissociates and joins the amine group. Glyphosate is soluble in water to 12 g/L at room temperature.  Main deactivation path is hydrolysis to aminomethylphosphonic acid (AMPA).[10

what true line means to you? - Page 20 2450b3a7-4118-4b6b-93cc-fd31467358c8_zps122ca82a
Glyphosate synthesis from dimethyl phosphite

In addition, MK suggests we follow the philosophies of THOMAS Merton, alias THOMAS D -

"Our thought should not merely be an answer to what someone else might have just said.....an echo of the words of someone else.....happiness consists in finding out precisely what the "one thing necessary" may be in life ......"

JONKENdra trying to read between the lines says "over anticipation leads to bitter disappointment."........ without concrete evidence, experience suggests the one thing necessary to avoid bitter disappointment is probably more common among females than males Smile 

Tryin ta read between the lines is probably not for skimmers, it is for those who like to read and  sit back and contemplate what they read or said...... Gavin probably studied my post as long as it took me the week to compose it..   MK, an ambitious worldly lad has the tendency to skim the internet as his way of avoiding greater detail for clarity to the questions on KC from cow girls in pink and boys of blue...says he'll get to it over the winter.....the second thing for happiness in life is humor....what would the world be without humor and WiT.    

Unlike the "Ed' s" who are fanaticists for detail,  instead Mike talks about traveling yellow roads and Turduckens, but finally after 30 years his Freudian slip reveals the naked truth to WHY his #1 interest in life is golfing.......evidently it was cuz of his over anticipation with his fav gal golfer.....whether 8 or 80 she attracted my extra interests, and knowing Mike likes freebies, I offered to be his free caddie...which lead to my bitter disappointment when he said he and DF carry their own clubs. Sad 

what true line means to you? - Page 20 G2PetterssenJeffLipskyESPNTheMagazine_zpsf105d531

Confirming that I do see the "cow effect", I shoulda put Mike's picture of Suzzane Petterson at the end of this post so I and any other red-blooded male reader could concentrate on the rest of the more important content of this post, but somehow drooling phenotypic symmetry is the number one unidentifiable and immeasurable reproductive trait among their own species in all of nature, but I can't explain why some male dogs like human legs. Very Happy 

Mike says his #2 interest is moving back to #1, more probable cuz of his age and lack of Player fitness,  focusing more on breeding shapely, ideal tidy uddered, fertile females, losin interest in sellin reality bulls, cuz it's too much aggravation, and like golf,  is gettin too expensive.   Mike must be contemplating Gavin's policy " I repeat that you must not keep using bulls out of your pet cow in your herd because of inbreeding depression.      We use 8 or nine bulls per year used as yearlings which is when all our selection stops. We sell our sires after use to selected buyers with the right to buy them back if their progeny test comes out well.     We do not have a quantity of bulls hanging around, very cheap, very efficience"  

The focus is on cow (not bull) efficiency - Grassy says he is trying to live down the reputation of Shorthorn blood (reputed to have big jug teats) in his Luings.......says he weans about 550# calves with tidy jugs more a kin to Mike's ideal, and I think Mike told me he also weans about 550# calves  - which offers the subjective probably that it's due to both herds reputed to having similar tidy jugs.    MK and KP have earned a reputation of posting web sites ending them with question marks allowing us to form our own different opinions as to why things happen.  

In his travels on the internet highways, MK posted where Shorthorns (presumed to have big jugs) are promoting how " HETEROSIS IMPROVES • Fertility • Weaning Weight • Cow Longevity • Yearling Weight • Calf Survival • Average Daily Gain and  Lifetime Cow Productivity by 25%.   The collective advantages of heterosis over time can be quite staggering. A commercial producer running 200 cows and weaning 500 pound calves could increase his weaning weight per cow exposed by 25% through maximizing heterosis in his cow herd and calves.  Over a 20 year period, this would be like getting 1,000 free calves!(The missed calving ease measures and expected change of 25% in cow weight which science says is highly correlated to the expected 25% change in yearling weight??).

Without more details, this causes me to form the opinion that big jugs must be better.   The subjective probability is that maximizing heterosis would be Shorthorns crossed on Mike's cows since they would have the opposite "jugs".... especially since there aren't many Hereford cows left after Shorthorns were used on them way back when 1000# Hereford cows weaning only 400# calves (40%) were reputed to need bigger "jugs".  I doubt the cows would be behind the bulls since maximum heterosis was applied to both sexes.

Working on those cursed details, 25% more could be expected to move those He x Sh WW's to 500#  (50%).   I don't know if that 200 cow commercial herd today still weighs a 1000# or not, cuz that professed Shorthorn heterosis increased cow longevity without proof.   With the expected probability of Science, those old He x Sh cows current weight would  be about 1250#  in order to sustain the ability to still wean 500# calves (40%), and in accordance with THOMAS D's gumption guidelines (GG), it would be called regressive or depressive progress.

This is cuz Mike and Grassy' say their  straightbred cow weight is about 1350# with whatever % heterosis they carry, weaning about 550# calves (41%).    Then somewhere else I read where stayability is only measured up to 6 years of age, and somewhere else that half the registered  cows are lost before they reach age 6, and THOMAS Lasater says cows are about 8 before they become profitable.   Ya just can't believe whatcha read nowadays without details and reading between the lines of this incomplete, traditional marketing BS.  

Grassy's cows could be at an unfair  disadvantage to gain a 25% maximizing heterosis cuz he's already got some Shorthorn blood  in his Luings, while Mike, using the Bayes theorems  could increase his cow size and WW by 25%....with the Bayes formula's expected probability they'd both have a net gain of 0%.....not accounting for the fact that fewer bigger cows on the same resources would produce fewer calves......but this is offset by getting those 1000  free calves over the next 20 yearsl  cheers .....but Bayes theorems would predict that Mike would soon lose interest with  "S x A" crossed- cows unlike SuZZane PeTTerson with homo zz's and tt's ..... Some days whatever we do, it seems we just can't win. Sad 

EddieM says he outta the monkey business and has nothing more to say.   Ed Oliver told me hell is exothermic and things won't change until hell freezes over.    Mr Ed, the talking horse,  of course would only talk to his owner WT ((wilber teath) so there is no proof horses could talk.    In this totally disordered topsy-turvy world, turning upside down where winter is summer and summer is winter, I figured if horses could talk,  cows could too, hoping they'd tell Gavin and me what to do to clarify our lack of communicative skills in regards to the "cow effect". ....so this time I'll try to explain myself with pictures.  

Once upon a time when I was much younger, while I was fiddling on the slippery slopes on TOP  of the roof wishing I were a rich man, yubby dubby dibby dum,  I wouldn't have to work so hard.....  

what true line means to you? - Page 20 S1_zpsda064de9

My blues got a little bluer when out of the blue, I heard my working cows mooing and singing matchmaker, matchmaker, find me a match,  I can catch, one for you and one for me, find me a perfect matchless match.....I slid from the roof shouting with glee, that could be me..

what true line means to you? - Page 20 S2_zps19dd69b7

I recorded all that MY pretty tidy cows in their work clothes were singing about their needs and wants ....than I transformed cow language into musical true line lingo for humanly understanding.as PROOF

what true line means to you? - Page 20 S3_zps850d6e0d

Soooo, to better understand this true line lingo, it's necessary to listen to all their wants and needs on You tube.   I learned what happens if I don't listen to my tidy wife.   I think I remember once saying back in the 80's when lean was in, Jack Spratt and his wife with Shorthorn JUGS were a perfect match to lick the meat platter clean, I think the dress is Shorthorn red.....applying THOMAS B's theorems, M's philosophies and D's gumptions,  it's possible we could create a formula to get more than 25% WW...and that's all I got to say about that.

what true line means to you? - Page 20 S4_zpsc3cfbd18

Being a matchmaker isn't so easy when Spratt keeps changing his preferences in eating habits .......and wives.    Changing so often, my traditional "make a match" game kit for over age 3 proved useless.  Trying to make a perfect match one at time, one for me and one for everyone was nearly impossible, odds were something like one in trillions, calculated by B + M + D to be exactly 602,664,875 to one (based on averages ).....So I decided to separate my matchless matches into sub groups of similar populations to reduce the odds.......sending my "match gamebook kit" to kit to play with.  

what true line means to you? - Page 20 S5_zps732e13d1

I tried to convince cattle breeders that Truline systems could manage all our problems, but the topsy-turvey world is full of  Doubting Thomas's (the "D" is in the front, Tom)

what true line means to you? - Page 20 S6_zps0700d9a4

I have an aversion to hospitals, but, MK, Pat B and DF persist in wanting scientific proof....they must think cattle consist of different elements than everything else in the universe.  Kentucky hillbillies don't know that TruLine cattle breeders are chemists, not geneticists or that there is a difference between cow boys and cow girls.   I wooda thought they knew that plant breeders don't wear Carharts and Red Wing workshoes, that they wear white lab coats, street shoes and dark rimmed glasses.    Not raised in the hills, I learned in high school how mixing different chemicals can mutate into a NEW ELEMENT, and how the universe keeps expanding from that process.....that mixing unknown chemicals can be hazardous to our health causing defects and whatever else......even nuclear explosions or nucleus disruptions from the pent up pressures of  IBC's when released.  

I have no idea how DNA replication strands of four sequential genes identified as C, A, G, T that create chemicals are  matched to synthesize the new partner strands.   If I did, I wouldn't be a farmer/cattle breeder  Very Happy   And I also have no idea where it will all end when traditional breeders keep mixing fire and ice without knowing the basic elements of either.   For safety's sake I moved to the long lasting pyramids of Egypt, a scrambled letter name.

what true line means to you? - Page 20 1c48d1a7-23bb-4673-be20-3d054c3b0747_zpsb4be6fda

All I know is that in my early years I watched the white lab coats "separating mixtures into pure substances" as the foundation to build a pyramid.    Patterned after my grandma's milk/cream home separator with filters, I poured the blood from a cow in my filtered homogeneous  separator can of observations, and lo and behold with great tidings of joy,  from out of the can came four different colored wormy looking DNA elements..  Eureka, I've got it, by keeping these basic elements separate and pure, as chemists, we can develop formulas to produce any color NEW element we want moving up instead of down the pyramid ...... can you imagine the miracle of being able to produce near perfect matchless compatible matches for nearly everyone.   ( Thomas D, in answer to your questions, notice the motley brown wormy strand is still decorated with orange and green bands )

what true line means to you? - Page 20 S8_zpsabae1c88

BUT I HAD A PROBLEM, the wormy looking strands weren't totally pure.   The headless colored wormys wiggled and vibrated and when the sound waves reached my monkey ears, you can see by the look on my face when they said  ---- G_ _ never made living matter to be 100% PURE  ---- and that's why Kendra believes that "overly high anticipations always lead to disappointment".  

According to THOMAS D's gumption guidelines (GG)  that's why yellow egg yolks have red blood spots, 'n lookin at the yellow sun puts spots in our eyes, 'n trees and grass are green growing from brown dirt, 'n the sky is shaded blues with white 'n grey  clouds with lightening strikes, n' dark turns them black, 'n sunsets are shaded oranges, 'n fire is shades of red, 'n ice is white when mixed is clear water, n'rainbows form from mixin clear water with invisible sunshine......and that's HOW the truline chemistry formula system works......and that's all Tom's GG's have to say about that.

The anti-purist traditionalists and scientists see this purist movement as a regressive can of worms.     And that's why the  Brian (with one "n" Larkota)  Weavers and eager Beevers can weave webs of self profit with ACS (advantages of current systems).....And that's why the traditionalist's world is upside down......And that's why we need two sheets of paper to cover the holes of another.....And that's why we need more prepotent parents for more efficient, more compatible, variation of  beneficial terminal crosses of our own choosing......And that's why it is imperative that BOTH parents be prepotently stabilized ONE PROGRESSIVE STEP AT A TIME LONG AFTER OUR OWN TIME is GONE......one without the other is little more than temporary uselessness.....And that's why MK didn't notice much difference in the progeny of 41/97 and his 1/2 blood son on a limited number without measuring distributions, too premature to make anything more than a traditional  judgment.......And that's Wye Gavin asked me if I had family to carry on the Shoshone "X" strain.....And that's why I have this simple chemical formula "X" x "Y" = Z (someone's X and someone's Y to produce someone's Z, the end)......And that's WHY "Truline" is a cooperative independent effort just in its infancy of evolution.

Poor Humpty, fell down and broke his Crown trying to pull Alice up to his heights and all the KING's horses and his men couldn't put Humpty Together again.    It is a shame we just haven't learned how to use and preserve purebred cattle parts effectively in beef production.......And that's why the fixed breeds purified by our ancestors didn't prevail, leading to bitter disappointments - isn't that right Kendra ? Very Happy 

what true line means to you? - Page 20 Humpty_zpsfaa000e7

SEEDSTOCK SUPPLIERS BREEDING FROM THE TOP DOWN INSTEAD OF THE OTHER WAY AROUND GO ROUND AND ROUND.

And that's all I got to say about that.

LL, havin' fun playin' with Alice in Wonderland, freezin'  our ass in Wonderful Wyomin'
Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: what true line means to you?   what true line means to you? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 7:17 am

Is anyone really breeding a paternal tru-line?
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: what true line means to you?   what true line means to you? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 7:50 am

EddieM wrote:
Is anyone really breeding a paternal tru-line?
for sure...generations of consistent selection... someday I`ll even take the next step and check the crossing compatibility on the model a...

http://www.selectsiresbeef.com/index.php?option=com_php&Itemid=114&id=204

Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: what true line means to you?   what true line means to you? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 11:21 am

I believe there is something terribly misconstrued in the above picture...???????????
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: what true line means to you?   what true line means to you? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 3:06 pm

MKeeney wrote:

I believe there is something terribly misconstrued in the above picture...???????????
where the hell is the brash and bold WT when ya need him to answer a question? Smile
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: what true line means to you?   what true line means to you? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 4:15 pm

MKeeney wrote:
MKeeney wrote:

where the hell is the brash and bold WT when ya need him to answer a question? Smile
While I wait for WT, I didn`t know DEFIANCE could be so beautiful...Smile 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8tp5KmC9Zs

ps...if you have a music ear worm problem, or if you are a country music fan, just skip it Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what true line means to you?   what true line means to you? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 4:42 pm

MKeeney wrote:
MKeeney wrote:
MKeeney wrote:

ps...if you have a music ear worm problem, or if you are a country music fan, just skip it Very Happy 
White flags are way better than red flags and that beats the hell outta Dr Ralph.... But that drawing is a bit off mike as you need to have some brash ass pushing them off the bridge..... W.T Thinkin I still want to see mike dance to Dr ralph and The Clinch Mtn boys........ But then we all might want to go too the bridge.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: what true line means to you?   what true line means to you? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 5:51 pm

W.T wrote:
MKeeney wrote:
MKeeney wrote:
MKeeney wrote:

White flags are way better than red flags and that beats the hell outta Dr Ralph.... But that drawing is a bit off mike as you need to have some brash ass pushing them off the bridge..... W.T Thinkin I still want to see mike dance to Dr ralph and The Clinch Mtn boys........ But then we all might want to go too the bridge.
Laughing here Very Happy Very Happy at Wayne`s ability to see the red flag between the lines...he`ll nibble; he won`t bite ...he just wants to laugh as you to jerk the hook out of the water expecting a big fish and have nothing at all Smile
I`ll give my opinions tonight; but first a post from LL...
Back to top Go down
Larry Leonhardt

PostSubject: Re: what true line means to you?   what true line means to you? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 6:48 pm

EddieM,
hell is freezing over here, Darwin's evolution is slow,..Wright, Bakewell, Ellman, Hewer and Drucewere found selection is far more important than diversity, useful rarity causes high prices, and King's improvement in well-established hybrid's , with a wide-ranging gene pool that ensures that various STRAINS of turkeys are available to specifically address every market need.......and create bigger fish...applicable to almost everything but beef cattle. Very Happy

what true line means to you? - Page 20 8eece6ee-6216-4369-b2b7-7c08da4987b5_zpsc59e7a03what true line means to you? - Page 20 36420e2a-7570-421f-acaa-75793ddd96ac_zpsf20923cbwhat true line means to you? - Page 20 2f56578a-8151-4c9b-92e5-392394ab7649_zps9ec4153ewhat true line means to you? - Page 20 Fd96bc3f-dd86-4eb5-b6ff-c596c78d6f6f_zps5a63e258what true line means to you? - Page 20 94f451ca-70e3-4869-863c-6756423358a0_zpsaa670ded

Jack and Jill were puzzled by their failure who met the same fate as Humpty Dumpty doing the same things expecting a different ending...........When will we ever learn

what true line means to you? - Page 20 Bf450e34-e274-46d1-b5f6-bb0e9869e3e0_zps56edc9d4

Clearly, we're left with MAternal and PAternal as revealed on you tubes video "MA n' PA Kettle's Math Lessons" ... . enjoy this essential viewing to improving our understanding of the frustrations trying to reach common simplicity with mathematics......Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLNOpoQztFo
LL, turning blue

P.S. Mike, who cares about cattle breeding anyway ?.....your selfie image improved your likability rating to +++++, clearly revealing the repetitive likeness and stubborn determination expressed by Kristina now that you've both got bear hair ....form following function, with nearly invisible, pin-backed EARS explains the hearing disabilities and persistent pursuit of challenges prevalent in your family gene pool.... , the probability is that your Santa Claus beard will grow enough to prepare you for next year's RL Christmas Stroll .......

what true line means to you? - Page 20 Mkhair_zpscdfb6ed8

a little Grecian formula to the beard, and I`ll be attracting attention on the golf course for reasons other than my Off-Line shots Very Happy
what true line means to you? - Page 20 Krisrl_zps99489891

...envisioning your new happier "selfie" Very Happy

what true line means to you? - Page 20 S2_zps19dd69b7

I suddenly reeeaaaalliiiizzzzed, it wasn't me fiddling on the roof and singing with the pretty girls, it was "U" in TruLine !!!
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: what true line means to you?   what true line means to you? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 9:24 pm

MKeeney wrote:
MKeeney wrote:

WTF doesn't understand the question, but I do. I don't like Larry's cartoon either, Mike. It's almost as bad as those stupid-ass "Earl" cartoons that show up in all the unsolicited agri-propaganda I receive from Drover's and PCC and Michigan Farm Bureau. It's DOUBTING Thomas, not careless Thomas, reckless Thomas, or stupid Thomas. There is a big difference between recklessly failing to heed warnings, and being cautiously skeptical of things that seem too good to be true. A more appropriate ( and only slightly less funny) cartoon would show an elaborately decorated, yet structurally unsound bridge, with a sign that reads "Just cross this bridge and all your problems will disappear forever!" along with Thomas saying "I doubt it."

Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: what true line means to you?   what true line means to you? - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 9:45 pm

Tom D wrote:
MKeeney wrote:
MKeeney wrote:

WTF doesn't understand the question, but I do.  I don't like Larry's cartoon either, Mike.  It's almost as bad as those stupid-ass "Earl" cartoons that show up in all the unsolicited agri-propaganda I receive from Drover's and PCC and Michigan Farm Bureau.  It's DOUBTING Thomas, not careless Thomas, reckless Thomas, or stupid Thomas.  There is a big difference between recklessly failing to heed warnings, and being cautiously skeptical of things that seem too good to be true.  A more appropriate ( and only slightly less funny) cartoon would show an elaborately decorated, yet structurally unsound bridge, with a sign that reads "Just cross this bridge and all your problems will disappear forever!" along with Thomas saying "I doubt it."

wow...not only are we writing at the same time, but thinking the same as well..Smile

just going to put mine under yours...

from experience, e.g., my always asking LL for proof, I believe this is obviously a purposeful, agenda driven, misconstrued caricature of a Doubting Thomas...a doubting Thomas would instead see a sign saying "Bridge Safe", read between the lines and question "then why bother with a sign"? No Doubting Thomas goes out on a limb, the guy pictured is one more likely taking a leap of faith, a common occurrence in cattle breeding and human life. Faith ignores both experience and logic, and is a prerequisite to believing in miracles rather than accepting and living based on reality. Faith is mustered directly proportional to the size of the promised reward or miracle; the more illogical and against experience a promise is, the greater the reward must be...you can have it all the common cry...
well , you can`t have it all, but you can have enough, and I`ve seen enough to believe in Tru-Line, so the only proof I need is proof to show others how to believe...
mk, enough about that; ready to move on and defend that GAR bull as a prepotent paternal sob
Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what true line means to you?   what true line means to you? - Page 20 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what true line means to you?
Page 20 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 38  Next