Keeney`s Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Feminine Bulls?

Go down 
+8
Double B
Dylan Biggs
larkota
Mean Spirit
EddieM
MKeeney
SOWBOY
chocolate cow
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Feminine Bulls? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminine Bulls?   Feminine Bulls? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 9:15 pm

I went up to the 4.9barY Ranch today, talk about some sulky Fem/bulls, "Sue-yu-tu-tu" was sitting in his custom made pine coffin, paddling with some toy oars like he was going down the river. "High-on-John-Denver" was singing butt hole songs to" Diddle-Red". I left as fast as I could, now I hope I'm wrong but that old bunkhouse is looking real west coast.
Back to top Go down
Dylan Biggs

PostSubject: Re: Feminine Bulls?   Feminine Bulls? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 9:45 pm

chocolate cow wrote:
If this has been discussed before, forgive me for missing it but give me your thoughts one more time. What causes feminine looking bulls? Bulls that don't have thick necks, bulls with narrow heads, bulls that plainly look very non-masculine. Shouldn't two year olds be expressing these masculine traits?

Bulls that lack secondary masculine character are lacking testosterone, and their is a good chance they will be sub fertile.
Back to top Go down
Mean Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Feminine Bulls?   Feminine Bulls? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 9:51 pm

Word.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Feminine Bulls?   Feminine Bulls? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 10:03 pm

I thought rat -tail only occurred when you crossed Angus with diluter gene carriers in other breeds ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com

PostSubject: Re: Feminine Bulls?   Feminine Bulls? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 10:24 pm

I hadn't noticed, but that sucker has a RAT-TAIL, Hey Jack, did you see that?
Back to top Go down
Double B

Double B

PostSubject: Re: Feminine Bulls?   Feminine Bulls? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 11:19 pm

Yea the bull may look like a POS, but I enjoy looking at the grass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feminine Bulls?   Feminine Bulls? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 12:23 am

Quote :
Jack McNamee wrote:
EddieM wrote:

Feminine Bulls? - Page 2 Mvc-0110

Is this the type we are discussing?

There are so many things wrong with this bull. He exemplifies all the wrong turns the mainstream angus breeder has made in the last 20 years. He is everything we did wrong in the 70's and 80's and for the life of me I can't understand why we would take the most popular breed, maybe ever and turn it into this type of animal that no one has ever wanted for long. He would make a fine draft animal and that is the only redeeming quaility I can see in this bull and there is such high demand for draft cattle these days but maybe that will be the next fad. I hope this isn't someones favorite bull here but he is awful.

I almost forgot to add my "IMHO" to this post or I guess I should say "IMO" becaues I'm not all that humble. I caught wind that this bull might belong to someone over at the 4.9barY and just on the off chance he belongs to that feller Sue u tu ( little Asian feller I think) I'd better make sure I state, this is just my opinion. Wouldn't want to get cross ways with him.

This is such a beautiful picture and the grass is so green and lush. I think Double B is right, we'll just start this next page out with this beautiful picture and on we go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feminine Bulls?   Feminine Bulls? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 12:32 am

Is there a chance this is a picture of "Perryville Esso Extra"?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feminine Bulls?   Feminine Bulls? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 9:56 am

A very upset cattle breeder called me last night and said the name of this bull is "Smitty In Focus of Hawkeye Exit Ramp Up A Concensus On The Right Answer to AAA And Going Forward Like Sheep Off A Cliff" so I hope I got it right sir, I was a little sleepy when I took the call, although I did grow up near the Pine Ridge Indian Res. and know Indian naming some what.
Back to top Go down
Mean Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Feminine Bulls?   Feminine Bulls? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:43 am

You probably got it wrong... as I understand it, your integrity rating has recently been downgraded to "questionable". Such a downgrade won't be ignored by the market, I fear.
Back to top Go down
bullmonty

PostSubject: Re: Feminine Bulls?   Feminine Bulls? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 11:44 am

There is more green grass in that picture than on my ranch annually.... someyears it doesnt turn green.

Certianly not the type of animal that I am looking for, but to each there own I am sure his owner is proud of him. Bulls like that tend to fail in the enviroment in which my stock run. Heck my cows might founder if they say that much green grass all in one place.....

Back to top Go down
df

PostSubject: Re: Feminine Bulls?   Feminine Bulls? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 12:13 pm

It is important to ignore the environment the bull will be used in and just use phenotypic selection to maximize profits.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Feminine Bulls?   Feminine Bulls? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 1:18 pm

df wrote:
It is important to ignore the environment the bull will be used in and just use phenotypic selection to maximize profits.
that`s about as right as you have been in a while DF...
Back to top Go down
Dylan Biggs

PostSubject: Re: Feminine Bulls?   Feminine Bulls? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 5:03 pm

Dennis Voss wrote:

Dennis the bull in question may actually be a better bull than Esso.

Here is a photo of Esso for comparison.

Feminine Bulls? - Page 2 Esso
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feminine Bulls?   Feminine Bulls? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 5:29 pm

My Dad had a double bred Esso and 29E from that sinful place down in Texas, funny enough he and his progeny had about as much muscle as any Angus I have seen, some of the other stuff from their, not so much. Which just goes to prove, I still dont know nothin' about nothin'.
Back to top Go down
df

PostSubject: Re: Feminine Bulls?   Feminine Bulls? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 6:08 pm

MKeeney wrote:
df wrote:

Should I be so bold as to state keeping records has largely been a waste of time.?
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Feminine Bulls?   Feminine Bulls? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 6:26 pm

df wrote:
MKeeney wrote:
df wrote:

Should I be so bold as to state keeping records has largely been a waste of time.?

no, if I had not kept written records once upon a time, I would not know today that they aren`t neccessary for my primary objective...making good trouble free cows...
Back to top Go down
Double B

Double B

PostSubject: Re: Feminine Bulls?   Feminine Bulls? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 6:54 pm

Dylan Biggs wrote:
Dennis Voss wrote:

Mad O my I don't even like the looks of the grass in this pic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Feminine Bulls?   Feminine Bulls? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 9:01 pm

Dylan, Good piece of work, What a picture.
Back to top Go down
Dylan Biggs

PostSubject: Re: Feminine Bulls?   Feminine Bulls? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:47 pm

Dennis Voss wrote:
Dylan, Good piece of work, What a picture.

Thanks Dennis, hard to imagine that he is an Angus bull, looks closer to a Waygu, maybe he had really good marbling. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Dylan Biggs

PostSubject: Re: Feminine Bulls?   Feminine Bulls? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:52 pm

Double B wrote:
Dylan Biggs wrote:
Dennis Voss wrote:

Mad O my I don't even like the looks of the grass in this pic

With a little rain and time that grass at least has some potential. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bob H

PostSubject: Re: Feminine Bulls?   Feminine Bulls? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:39 am

The nice thing is that in natural selection this can only happen once in a while and probably will not propagate. Only with the help of man and an AI needle could this go much further, but only the infertility of the cow family would force man to let this go.
Bob
Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: Feminine Bulls?   Feminine Bulls? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:21 am

Any semen left? Twisted Evil jocolor geek
Back to top Go down
Bob H

PostSubject: Re: Feminine Bulls?   Feminine Bulls? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:54 pm

I would hope that the tank is empty
Back to top Go down
hyup

PostSubject: Re: Feminine Bulls?   Feminine Bulls? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:23 pm

actually Jack and Dennis are kind of lean,leggy, hard doing, not much muscle, narrow-headed (and some many say narrow-minded), so I guess I would question their masuculiniity. Shocked Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feminine Bulls?   Feminine Bulls? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feminine Bulls?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next