Keeney`s Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking for the eileenmere sires behind this animal

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PatB

Looking for the eileenmere sires behind this animal Empty
PostSubject: Looking for the eileenmere sires behind this animal   Looking for the eileenmere sires behind this animal I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 2:45 pm

If someone has the old herd books and some spare time I am interested in the eileenmere sires behind this animal. Eileenmere Blackcap Reg: AAA 455920. Doing research for a pet project of mine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the eileenmere sires behind this animal   Looking for the eileenmere sires behind this animal I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 8:40 pm

Did you find what you are looking for? I have some old papers from the 30's and 40's around here, from some Eilleenmere's, the lineage traces back on the Angus site without any gaps, for me though.
Back to top Go down
PatB

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the eileenmere sires behind this animal   Looking for the eileenmere sires behind this animal I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 9:26 pm

Yes

Doug W on advantage look up the info in the old herd books. The animal I was asking about was not connected to his sire and dam on the AAA pedigree page but both of them are in the database.

Can anyone tell me about the eileenmere herd?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the eileenmere sires behind this animal   Looking for the eileenmere sires behind this animal I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Those used around here, would have been of the "baby beef" era, the 1100th would have been a prominant bull in the area. The Homeplace farm, and J. Garret Tolan, would have been the main sources, in my region. The sale catalogues of ours from the 50's were chocked full of the fat little piss ants.
Back to top Go down
jhudson

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the eileenmere sires behind this animal   Looking for the eileenmere sires behind this animal I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 1:21 pm

Pat, May want to look at Evergreen Angus website under "Walter Waite" for insight into Eileenmere. Prominent line in Black and Red. Jim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the eileenmere sires behind this animal   Looking for the eileenmere sires behind this animal I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for the eileenmere sires behind this animal
Page 1 of 1