Keeney`s Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Young bulls use:

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kent Powell

Young bulls use: Empty
PostSubject: Young bulls use:   Young bulls use: I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 11:51 am

Back to top Go down
http://powellangus.com
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: Young bulls use:   Young bulls use: I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 1:08 pm

Quote :
If you aren't using some young bulls your really just a multiplier!!

A thought of wonderment? A wonderful thought? I wonder? You wonder?
Back to top Go down
Kent Powell

PostSubject: Re: Young bulls use:   Young bulls use: I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 2:06 pm

The belief that it is a responsibility to build data for others- I don't get it, but- If that is true then shouldn't these folks take random samples of bulls both proven and young from random producers and breed them randomly? Essentially- check the straw after breeding. It sould bring about some changes-If the belief in this responsibility remains when the freedom to choose the brightest star is removed.

I believe most would be just as happy with the results as they are now. That super tendency to fall back toward average and random distribution.

1984 through 1991 NBA Draft reruns were played last night. It was a lot like looking through old Angus Journals. It was just as interesting to see the longshots who went on to have long productive careers as it is to see the stars who never made a significant contribution. When there are so many predicted star failures over and over, why won't human nature search for a better way to identify what they desire?

Back to top Go down
http://powellangus.com
Angus 62

PostSubject: Re: Young bulls use:   Young bulls use: I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 5:16 pm

I'm becoming a firm believer in using young bulls - my own.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Young bulls use:   Young bulls use: I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 10:40 pm

Seems as though I read that and did some pondering. I think the point was, if you are just using old proven bulls, you are a multiplier.

Wheras if you use some young bulls, presumably home grown, slow brewed, and cold filtered.....you are a breeder.

Then again, I might of dreamed it.

Bootheel
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Young bulls use:   Young bulls use: I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 11:26 pm

Keystone wrote:
1984 through 1991 NBA Draft reruns were played last night. It was a lot like looking through old Angus Journals. It was just as interesting to see the longshots who went on to have long productive careers as it is to see the stars who never made a significant contribution. When there are so many predicted star failures over and over, why won't human nature search for a better way to identify what they desire?

Excellent comparison. If you want to understand the Registered Game just look at professional sports. The NFL scouting combine is basically a bull test, the Draft is a production sale, and Free Agency is a dispersal sale. Don't you think Jerry Jones probably has a lot in common with most of the Angus big boys? I think another good comparison would be trophy hunting. Signing a 40 million dollar QB, buying a 100 thousand dollar donor cow, or shooting a 15 thousand dollar elk, it's all really the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Young bulls use:   Young bulls use: I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Young bulls use:
Page 1 of 1