Keeney`s Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

wall hangers

Go down 
+16
Tom D
Bob H
EddieM
pukerimu
Angus 62
RobertMac
tulip
rross
MVCatt
Grassfarmer
Dylan Biggs
Kent Powell
Roy
chocolate cow
MKeeney
larkota
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
EddieM

wall hangers - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 2:56 pm

Quote :
it is a lot harder to sell me blue sky then it used to be.
Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 8:22 pm

My wife is worried that I drink too much coffee and tea. I lay awake at night thinking that all of her worrying might ruin her health.
Back to top Go down
larkota

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 8:08 am

experienced at failure but not broken
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 9:32 am

It looks to me like the Angus people spent a lot of time trying to make a Charolais bull when all they had to do was buy one...

Bob Howard
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
larkota

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2016 11:25 am

"When we want your opinion we'll give it to you."

tried that on my wife....ONCE  
Back to top Go down
PatB

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 7:00 pm

Quote from ACS. New criteria in bull selection Very Happy Shocked

"My main concern is he only brought $8000 when sold as a yearling and wasn't even in the top four or five bulls in the sale at Knoll Crest that year"

Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 8:35 pm

PatB wrote:
Quote from ACS.  New criteria in bull selection Very Happy  Shocked

"My main concern is he only brought $8000 when sold as a yearling and wasn't even in the top four or five bulls in the sale at Knoll Crest that year"

I hope I can sleep tonight with this new worry! tongue
Back to top Go down
larkota

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 12:24 pm

All Angus cattle are only one corrector bull away from greatness.
Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 8:47 pm

Trying to get everything out of one breed reminds me of the old saying "Jack of all trades, master of none"
Back to top Go down
larkota

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 8:19 am

I’m surely glad that I finally learned that we are not supposed to calve; the heifers are.
Back to top Go down
larkota

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2016 7:54 am

The correctness and execution of your next decision is determined by the rightness or wrongness of your last decision and/or move. My solution to this is that I do best when I do a little every day. The mistakes will happen but they are much smaller and less expensive.
Back to top Go down
larkota

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 10:18 am

The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.

Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
Kent Powell

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 7:21 pm

http://angusbeefbulletin.com/extra/2016/06jun16/0616fp_association_perspective.html#.V4bMf5DmpgJ

"It has been my experience that ranchers become partial to certain cows and make themselves believe that a particular cow is performing well, while not having any documentation to prove this data. Once they have written data, they usually soon realize that they are incorrect in their assumption," writes RM Radale Tiner.
Back to top Go down
http://powellangus.com
Kent Powell

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 7:27 pm

“If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise, don't even start. This could mean losing girlfriends, wives, relatives and maybe even your mind. It could mean not eating for three or four days. It could mean freezing on a park bench. It could mean jail. It could mean derision. It could mean mockery--isolation. Isolation is the gift. All the others are a test of your endurance, of how much you really want to do it. And, you'll do it, despite rejection and the worst odds. And it will be better than anything else you can imagine. If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is.”
― Charles Bukowski, Factotum

“Some lose all mind and become soul,insane.
some lose all soul and become mind, intellectual.
some lose both and become accepted”
― Charles Bukowski

“Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them.”
― Charles Bukowski

Back to top Go down
http://powellangus.com
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 9:49 pm

Kent Powell wrote:
http://angusbeefbulletin.com/extra/2016/06jun16/0616fp_association_perspective.html#.V4bMf5DmpgJ

"It has been my experience that ranchers become partial to certain cows and make themselves believe that a particular cow is performing well, while not having any documentation to prove this data. Once they have written data, they usually soon realize that they are incorrect in their assumption," writes RM Radale Tiner.

yes, that would be an "association" viewpoint...well, Radale, I don`t work for an association, I work for me...
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 11:14 pm

There are people in every time and every land who want to stop history in its tracks. They fear the future, mistrust the present, and invoke the security of a comfortable past which, in fact, never existed. Robert Kennedy

scratch
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 9:41 am

If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together. JDellinger
Back to top Go down
larkota

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 9:54 am

rule 4 of mikes rules will suffice to minimize the herd effects...

4..select bulls average to above herd average while avoiding outliers to maintain {not increase} the phenotypic production level of the purebred
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2017 5:27 pm

Some people like my advice so much that they frame it upon the wall instead of using it.
Gordon R. Dickson
Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 7:15 am

"Navel-gazing isn't the posture of a disciple."
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 04, 2017 9:25 am

Keeney`s Corner is History...

Funny the dual meanings words have, odd when both apply cheers
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 3:25 pm

May the numbers be with you...EddieM
Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 14, 2017 6:01 am

"Outrage is the commodity selling the cheapest these days - it's free. You can't avoid it even if you want to."

"In other words, every other minute of every other day someone somewhere wants me to express excitement, indignation and disgust - like I belong to the outrage flavor of the month club or something. I'm not saying there aren't serious issues involved. There are - and they are usually complex. What I can't do anymore is maintain a level of outrage at every turn, every sneeze and every tweet in the world from someone who owns a smart phone and demanding me to be angry (not necessarily right - just angry). Life does not work that way."

"... can we not tone down the outrage in our society and come up with a better way to decide what we should be excited about?"

Lynn Jaynes
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 8:46 am

"I have come to believe the phenotypic selection criteria self-governs the level of inbreeding or degree of prepotency; that production levels are self-governed by the environment; that milk levels and carcass values are self-governed by their effect on composition and that composition has the greatest impact on functional reproductivity. So improving prepotency of composition once identified seems to be 'priority 1' at ANY preferred production level." - Larry Leonhardt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wall hangers
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeney`s Corner :: Breeding Philosophies :: Breeding Philosophies-
Jump to: