Keeney`s Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

wall hangers

Go down 
+16
Tom D
Bob H
EddieM
pukerimu
Angus 62
RobertMac
tulip
rross
MVCatt
Grassfarmer
Dylan Biggs
Kent Powell
Roy
chocolate cow
MKeeney
larkota
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
MKeeney
Admin

wall hangers - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 6:46 am

Tom D wrote:
"Like Gavin, we both began about 1965,  both have had our share of problems to overcome, both claim to have just begun our separate and distinctly different 120 year objectives, two closed populations from opposite sides of the world practicing population genetics,  both going in somewhat opposite directions, that perhaps could hold some promise of enhancing one another in improving beef production efficiencies with sustainability as one small segment of the TruLine concept....is it the beginning of wishful thinking or not ....is it the beginning of a brighter future or not?   It matters naught whether we're here or gone, we would do it all over again.....as Gavin says, its been quite a journey,  how lucky can we get."

LL 2012

the vital process of reducing the effects of heterosis

For the registered industry, this is like taking drugs away from an addict.

Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 8:56 am

MKeeney wrote:
I see now why you put these quotes on the wall Eddie...so you could punch well-deserved holes in them with darts Smile

I'd give him an F on his book report as much as others get an F for their interpretation of TL. Otherwise, Merry Christmas.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 8:07 am

“Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots - but you have to play the ball where it lies. ” - Bobby Jones
Back to top Go down
tulip

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 3:37 pm

"If you use your own bulls, there is no one else to blame."
(RobertMac)
Back to top Go down
tulip

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 3:27 pm

The reason commercial ranchers have cows as good as they do is because of their own culling program – not because of the culling program of their seedstock producer.”
(Danny Hanson, Wyoming)
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 1:54 am

Jim, 75, titanium heart valve, on the driving range practicing...

Mike says..."morning Jim,  they say practice makes perfect"

Jim says, "NO Mike,

Practice makes permanent
Back to top Go down
larkota

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 4:16 pm

Human's greatest gift remains our ability to rationalize.
Back to top Go down
outsidethebox

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:54 pm

larkota wrote:
Human's greatest gift remains our ability to rationalize.

Thanks Brian Smile Embarassed Smile
Back to top Go down
tulip

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 3:34 pm

"Very simple ideas lie within the reach only of complex minds."
(Remy de Gourmont)
Back to top Go down
larkota

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 9:18 am

Perfection is never achieved, but excellence can be.
Maximums are never the best or the most profitable level of production.
Burke Teichert

http://beefmagazine.com/blog/strategic-planning-ranch/contributors/142/burke-teichert
Back to top Go down
tulip

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 8:46 pm

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion it has taken place."
(George Bernard Shaw)
Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 8:22 am

Quote :
In my world it is simple... weaning weight and percent open two biggest factors we see in profitability of a ranch. You are making this way more complicated than it needs to be.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 12:33 pm

EddieM wrote:
Quote :
In my world it is simple... weaning weight and percent open two biggest factors we see in profitability of a ranch. You are making this way more complicated than it needs to be.

then SAV would be highly profitable commercially...I doubt that...
Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 9:34 pm

MKeeney wrote:
EddieM wrote:
Quote :

How do you know what is the real breed back rate at SAV? I wonder if anything is real there.

This guy was talking real world not maximum creep feeding: WWs at 550 or so for a target.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 1:00 am

EddieM wrote:
MKeeney wrote:
EddieM wrote:
Quote :

How do you know what is the real breed back rate at SAV?  I wonder if anything is real there.

This guy was talking real world not maximum creep feeding: WWs at 550 or so for a target.

somewhere here is posted weaning weight accounts for 5% of the variability in profit in a cowherd{4th or 5th most important factor}....and that is not AAA data, from that spa program where you track dollars...weaning weight is 90% feed..of course, cheap feed is a key to profit Smile
Back to top Go down
tulip

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 10:45 am

"Apparently no scientist had ever sat in a sale barn and witnessed price per pound going down as calves got bigger!"

(Chip Hines)
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 8:37 pm

"I have come to believe the phenotypic selection criteria self-governs the level of inbreeding or degree of prepotency; that production levels are self-governed by the environment; that milk levels and carcass values are self-governed by their effect on composition and that composition has the greatest impact on functional reproductivity. So improving prepotency of composition once identified seems to be 'priority 1' at ANY preferred production level." - Larry Leonhardt

I am looking forward to some KC friends {Briann, Tom, Jon, Kendra and anyone else who wants to come when we get a date in mind} visiting and seeing and discussing the application of "I have come to believe the phenotypic selection criteria self-governs the level of inbreeding or degree of prepotency" in Joe`s current set of yearlings sired by Pete...quite a startling visualization ; I`ll not tell more and spoil all the fun; and besides, mine and Joe`s conclusions may be wrong  Exclamation    Embarassed  Smile
Back to top Go down
larkota

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 7:56 am

"I'm always amazed at how people can reject truth and decide in favor of something that isn't even close to reality."
from FOXX

I'm amazed how people can be an expert and ignorant at the same time.
Larkota
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 8:06 am

larkota wrote:
"I'm always amazed at how people can reject truth and decide in favor of something that isn't even close to reality."
from FOXX

I'm amazed how people can be an expert and ignorant at the same time.
Larkota

look up the definition of truthiness...
Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 9:28 am

You just need a couple more decades of failure to give you confidence to farm.
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 9:24 pm

Cynicism is what passes for insight among the mediocre.

-Joe Klein
Back to top Go down
jonken

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 12:00 am

Tom D wrote:

-Joe Klein

I currently feel superior , however my sight  has weakened . May I witness the next decade .     Jon
Back to top Go down
tulip

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 11:11 am

"When your outgo exceeds your income, your upkeep becomes your downfall."
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 4:14 pm

a bumper sticker...

Guns don`t kill people; cell phones do...
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 10:14 pm

jonken wrote:
Tom D wrote:

-Joe Klein

I currently feel superior , however my sight  has weakened . May I witness the next decade .     Jon

Why be a witness when you can be a codefendant?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wall hangers   wall hangers - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wall hangers
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeney`s Corner :: Breeding Philosophies :: Breeding Philosophies-
Jump to: