Keeney`s Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reflections from LL ©

Go down 
+21
Danny Miller
Will
R V
larkota
MVCatt
AlaBill
df
Farmerkuk
Mean Spirit
Hilly
PatB
Grassfarmer
outsidethebox
jonken
Kent Powell
EddieM
chocolate cow
Tom D
Larry Leonhardt
Dylan Biggs
MKeeney
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
MKeeney
Admin

Reflections from LL © Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Reflections from LL © I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 12:42 pm

Larry,
a poster told me the other night he was a Tru-Line breeder...I get a call now and then that the greeting is "how`s the Angus business"? and I would prefer to say "I`m not in the Angus business; I`m a Tru-Line Breeder...I`m willing to give up some of my hard earned independence to be able to say that...so like the cows in the DV drawing for my sale, what are the hoops, real or imagined official, that I must jump through in order to bear that name...Tru-Line breeder?
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Reflections from LL © I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 10:52 am

Reflections from LL © Avemodernangtit1

Jan. 26, 2012
Dear Mr. Leonhardt,

I am enclosing a picture of my donor cow (not the best picture as the day we snapped this she was standing on one of her tits). She weighs 2200 lbs but this is because we have been flushing her since she was a heifer. We have flushed her to every mainstream bull out there plus a few Simmental bulls for half-bloods. As you are well aware, she has over 30 sons represented in all of the major AI companies. I'm writing you to beg you of advice and help. I called a Mr. Voss of Horse Butte Ranch at Two Dot, MT for the same possible help I need but he reamed me out and hung up on me and was very discourteous. What I want is very simple. I would like to purchase semen on one of your great maternal bulls that I hear so much about. I have read about many of them on Keeney's Corner. Before my donor cow expires, I would like some daughters from one of your sires that could help some of her problems. Could you also sell me registration certificates on this bull? Cost is not a problem as any sons I get from this flush will be outcross for the industry and I can sell them for a pretty penny. My offer is this. I will give you $100,000 for 10 units of Horse Butte 1126 of 3128. Any resulting calves needing to be registered, I would pay $10,000 per certificate. Please consider this proposal at your convenience. I know you are a busy man this time of the year repairing feed trucks and sacking up beetseed for spring planting.

Sincerely yours,
R. Iver Hoffmeister IV
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Reflections from LL © I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 2:05 pm

Dennis Voss wrote:

Jan. 26, 2012
Dear Mr. Leonhardt,

I am enclosing a picture of my donor cow (not the best picture as the day we snapped this she was standing on one of her tits). She weighs 2200 lbs but this is because we have been flushing her since she was a heifer. We have flushed her to every mainstream bull out there plus a few Simmental bulls for half-bloods. As you are well aware, she has over 30 sons represented in all of the major AI companies. I'm writing you to beg you of advice and help. I called a Mr. Voss of Horse Butte Ranch at Two Dot, MT for the same possible help I need but he reamed me out and hung up on me and was very discourteous. What I want is very simple. I would like to purchase semen on one of your great maternal bulls that I hear so much about. I have read about many of them on Keeney's Corner. Before my donor cow expires, I would like some daughters from one of your sires that could help some of her problems. Could you also sell me registration certificates on this bull? Cost is not a problem as any sons I get from this flush will be outcross for the industry and I can sell them for a pretty penny. My offer is this. I will give you $100,000 for 10 units of Horse Butte 1126 of 3128. Any resulting calves needing to be registered, I would pay $10,000 per certificate. Please consider this proposal at your convenience. I know you are a busy man this time of the year repairing feed trucks and sacking up beetseed for spring planting.

Sincerely yours,
R. Iver Hoffmeister IV
brings to mind the NILE $8000 ABS sired heifer from CVD {yes, veneral disease} that made it back into this country...her teats were longer and bigger around than the above cow, but she was so tall she couldn`t step on them...couldn`t raise a calf, so with that level of investment, there was nothing left to do but flush her...it was a good move; the flush made money...of course the cow was hid, or ignored...LL sold some cows to this entrepeneur as well, and I couldn`t help but laugh as we toured the cows how the owner kept us direction away from that cvd cow...but I would stray off, much to the concern of the owner...
in fact, I used the same maneuver when once visiting cvd farms with the ky owner...I would stray off to the fringe to the cows that wouldn`t get up because their feet hurt so bad...there`s usually more to learn about a herd looking at the outliers, usually the word literally in this case {out-lying}... Smile
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Reflections from LL © I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 2:22 pm

MKeeney wrote:
Larry,
a poster told me the other night he was a Tru-Line breeder...I get a call now and then that the greeting is "how`s the Angus business"? and I would prefer to say "I`m not in the Angus business; I`m a Tru-Line Breeder...I`m willing to give up some of my hard earned independence to be able to say that...so like the cows in the DV drawing for my sale, what are the hoops, real or imagined official, that I must jump through in order to bear that name...Tru-Line breeder?

Must be the MLK time of year, because I had a dream last night...it seems to have varying sources of, even divine, inspiration...

the young cattle breeder came before the master and asked, "what must I do to be a Tru-line breeder? For I have kept all the laws since birth...
and the old master looked him in the eye and said, "Son, unless you forsake the past, and be born again, you can never become a Tru-line breeder...
and the young breeder went away grieved, for he had many traditional possesions...

ok,ok...so maybe it was human imagination instead of divine inspiration Smile still true Smile
Back to top Go down
Dylan Biggs

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Reflections from LL © I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:47 pm

MKeeney wrote:
Dennis Voss wrote:

Jan. 26, 2012
Dear Mr. Leonhardt,

Sincerely yours,
R. Iver Hoffmeister IV
..couldn`t raise a calf, so with that level of investment, there was nothing left to do but flush her...it was a good move; the flush made money..... Smile

Classic!! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Reflections from LL © I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:18 pm

Reflections from LL © Aveangcowfinal1

Dear Mr. Leonhardt

This is a picture of my other Angus matron donor cow. She is 6 yrs old and produces on average 12 high quality embryos per flush. She has her problems but she produces incredible marbling and extended growth. Her milk EPD is +45. Please get back to me at your convenience as I would like to flush her to some of your maternal bloodlines.

Sincerely,
Iver
Back to top Go down
Dylan Biggs

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Reflections from LL © I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 2:53 pm

cheers
Dennis Voss wrote:

Dear Mr. Leonhardt

This is a picture of my other Angus matron donor cow. She is 6 yrs old and produces on average 12 high quality embryos per flush. She has her problems but she produces incredible marbling and extended growth. Her milk EPD is +45. Please get back to me at your convenience as I would like to flush her to some of your maternal bloodlines.

Sincerely,
Iver

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Reflections from LL © I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 8:35 pm

the forum administrator{me} did not enjoy his dinner tonight knowing 73 pages of Reflections from LL had disappeared for unknown reasons, but lucky me, got things restored somehow to how they were a couple of days ago, plus some new things stayed put, others kinda re-arranged...but I think everything is back; maybe jumbled a little...there are now two topics titled Reflections from LL; the first 73 pages frozen; meaning you can read, but not post to them...the continuation is another topic Reflections from LL to which you can read and continue to post to...sorry, but a great relief to me to get the "book" back in place...if something got deleted in the process, it should only be from the last couple days, so please just re-post...thx, mk
Back to top Go down
Larry Leonhardt

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Reflections from LL © I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 3:43 am

Mike's posted dilemma:
Larry,
a poster told me the other night he was a Tru-Line breeder...I get a call now and then that the greeting is "how`s the Angus business"? and I would prefer to say "I`m not in the Angus business; I`m a Tru-Line Breeder...I`m willing to give up some of my hard earned independence to be able to say that...so like the cows in the DV drawing for my sale, what are the hoops, real or imagined official, that I must jump through in order to bear that name...Tru-Line breeder

Once or twice a year Mike, I too get a call or an email from a TruLyin breeder. The traditional hoops in DV's drawing for your sale are in fact real;, the hoops that you must jump thru to be a TruLine breeder are figments of an imagerynation. Considering that TruLyin breeders are impatient, in a hurry, I generally cater to them in a likewise manner first testing their patience. For example, before I had the time to answer Mr. Hoffmeister IV's first request, I got a second one describin' his two distinctive donor cows, to wit::

Jan. 26, 2012
Dear Mr. Leonhardt,

Sincerely yours,
R. Iver Hoffmeister IV

Dear Mr. Leonhardt

Sincerely,
Iver

Dear Mr R. Iver Hoffmeister IV,

Please excuse Mr. Voss for being discourteous, he suffers from mult-personality schizophrenia. He often thinks he is Geronimo weanin' war paint whilst guarding the Two Dot bridge with his quill of harmless Cupid arrows protecting his reservation against imposters who masquerade as TruLine Breeders. I would be glad to accept your kind offer to buy some semen from 1126 since I sure could use the money in view of the Mean Spirit of Fire burning up my $100,000 feed truck. However, the AAA will no longer allow me to buy AI breeding certificates since my membership elapsed as I suffer from hallucinatory dementia. I would be delighted to sell you 10 daughters of "1126" ready to flush for $110,000 to save you some flushin' time, but alas, I can't transfer their registration papers either.

As alternative options, with your generous willingness to spend big money, you might consider attending the dependable genetic sale in Iowa setting your eye on buying and flushing the Lot 1 to enhance all of your utter problems that you have successfully built into your donor cows. With the soaring prices of black land in IA, I'm told that these dependable black cattle will match and maximize the per unit production by simply reversing the IA to AI.

Reflections from LL © 325-lot-1-1

As a second option, however with some reluctance, I suggest you contact the Keeney Angus sale who has cows for sale that are lighter and flightier especially designed to enhance your No. 1 donor cow.....they are those few, the rare, the unique evolutionary survivors of those who learned how to jump over the moon eluding the pain of stepping on their tits. But.....butts are always a consideration, I must forewarn you that they tend to sell too cheap to fit your preferred budgetary range of monetary values......shamefully lowering the values of the footnotes in your sale catalogs.

Reflections from LL © Kacow-moonfinal2-1

Nevertheless, when excessive extreme rarity is the primary consideration, the only alternative option I have left to offer you is attending Mack JacNamees one and only rare free psychiatric clinic to help you discover the roots behind your current phobia of common goodness. Mack, the head chief of psychiatry, will gently and patiently explain how the pursuit of rarity begins with the aspirations of fightin' ta be the leader of those stampeding down the mainstream highway. Mr. Keeney was one of clinic's first graduates to discover that the most rare would be leadin' the breedin' of TruLine cows that could jump over the moon.

With simple portrayals, Mack will show you why your No. 1 2200# Simme x white cow with black pigment got so big she could no longer jump thru all the registered hoops to keep up with the black pack and why her tits got longer faster than her legs got taller. Bootheel wants cows who's parts wear out at the same time and you seem to indicate that you want the parts to grow at the same rate. I'm sure Mack and Mike sympathize with you experiencing how difficult it is to teach cows how to jump and why you are so desperately willing to be so generous with your money. Personally, I can't tell from her trainin' picture....whether your No. 1 donor cow is exercisin' to strengthen her saddle back, trimin' down her tummy or if she got hung up tryin' to learn how to jump over the barricade seeking a diversionary shortcut to stay ahead of the rest of the stampeding black pack.

Reflections from LL © Guardrail

Mack will explain how the survivors of the stampede going over the cliff, dreamed of cows who could fly over natural barriers only if....

Reflections from LL © Wings

But if pigs can't fly, then you can imagine what an arduous task it was for Mike (with many failures) to be the first to proclaim he was conceptually successful breeding cows who could jump over the moon.....yes, most cows just couldn't make it.

Reflections from LL © The_cow_slumped_over_the_moon_2_photosculpture-p153826870842556934z7s3g_152-1

Be assured that Mack's able assistants, Tom n' Joe are always available to help you presenting free seminars at the Corner Clinic explainin' how they and Hilly watched all their neighbors going broke selecting the biggest, jumpinest fools ....in the hard knock school whenst AI became the general rules.....while the ole cows fiddled and laughed as the signature dish ran away with the spoon while they contemplated soaring over the magnetism of the moon

Reflections from LL © Cow2-thmnl-1

Hopin to catch a ride aboard Tom n' Joes Rocketship to colonize and finally brighten up the dark side of the moon with a great big smiley too
Reflections from LL © Smile-3

To reverse the flows of the tide by stallin' the stampede on the other side as the two collide. So Mr. Hoffmeister, these are the only 3 options I can offer you at this time....one, the mimic; two, the moon and three the free clinic......or, you can begin anew by asking Kendra if you can join her home schooling kindergarden class.

Reflections from LL © Cow_jumped_over_moon_creationism_625179

One last thing I might mention Iver, if it would help you at all to decide, allow me to introduce Tom's recent discovery of the common maternal symmetry of the New Rising Tide found being colonized over here on the previously Dark Side...... without the need for scientific measures......whereas you enjoy chasin' production, we're content to be chasin' reproduction where all the parts grow and wear out at the same time Very Happy

Reflections from LL © Stacy-keibler-pics-new-013

LL in the vicinity of moonshiners
Reflections from LL © Moonsmile

Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Reflections from LL © I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 10:32 am

Sounds Good To Me, Leonhardt!

Reflections from LL © Moonshiner
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Reflections from LL © I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 7:11 pm

Tom D wrote:

Popcorn Sutton with some reassuring philosophy for LL...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIMr1Jf51wM&feature=related
Back to top Go down
chocolate cow

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Reflections from LL © I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 7:18 pm

Would 'ya want my invite to the next ABS meeting and the sire directory that came with it?

Adding to this post: Mike, I watched all of Popcorn on YouTube. Thanks for the link. What a life.
Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Reflections from LL © I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:24 am

Dear Mr R. Iver Hoffmeister IV,

I am quite sorry to observe the udder problems and hoof issues exhibited by your cattle. The recent Select Sires catalog answers all of your concerns. Most phenotypic variation is made up of environmental variance. Apparently you have stray voltage in your calving barn and it is drawing out the hooves of your cattle. And, IMHO, I would assume that you live near a river that has created a stray magnetic field in the soils and specifically the underground rock in your grazing area. As your cows graze, the teat that is closest to the magnitized rocks is drawn towards the ground. The general magnitic field of the earth's core also exerts a downward attraction to your cow's teats. This is why there are often complete dispersion of prize winning herds of cattle. The owners learn that the rivers and rocks are too much in that area to profitably raise cattle. I hope this information is found to be helpful.

Sir Charles Woodsides
Back to top Go down
Kent Powell

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Reflections from LL © I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:44 pm

common maternal symmetry ain't so common no more
Back to top Go down
http://powellangus.com
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Reflections from LL © I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 2:06 pm

MKeeney wrote:
Tom D wrote:

Popcorn Sutton with some reassuring philosophy for LL...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIMr1Jf51wM&feature=related

more reassurnace for LL and I Smile

Johns Hopkins Health Alert

Research Shows That Having a Purpose in Life May Lower Alzheimer's Risk

An increasing amount of research is being directed at finding ways to prevent Alzheimer’s. A recent study reported in the Archives of General Psychiatry (Volume 67, page 304) suggests that feeling like one has a purpose in life is linked to a reduced risk of Alzheimer's disease and mild cognitive impairment (MCI) among older people.

Over 950 participants, average age 80, from the Rush Memory and Aging Project were evaluated for up to seven years; none showed any evidence of Alzheimer’s at the onset of the study. The degree to which each participant felt he or she had some purpose in life was assessed on a questionnaire. Other variables, like depressive symptoms, size of social networks and education level, were recorded.

During the follow-up period, 155 participants developed Alzheimer's disease. Those who had a strong sense of purpose in life were 2.4 times more likely to remain free of Alzheimer's than those who did not. They also had a reduced risk of MCI and a slower overall rate of cognitive decline. The associations persisted after controlling for other variables.

Take away. The researchers note that having a purpose in life is a factor that can be modified, and strategies that help older people engage in meaningful, goal-directed activities may result in better physical and mental health and longevity.

Back to top Go down
jonken

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Reflections from LL © I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 1:05 am

Larry—I haven’t requested DV’s permission to use his pictures for my Kindergarten homeschoolers yet, so I’m thinking of starting with the following as a History Lesson. Can’t decide if it is “History” or better suited for studying “Current Events.” Question

Between 1896 and 1920, a small group of industrialists and financiers, together with their private charitable foundations, subsidized university chairs, university researchers, and school administrators, spent more money on forced schooling than the government itself did. Carnegie and Rockefeller, as late as 1915, were spending more themselves. In this laissez-faire fashion a system of modern schooling was constructed without public participation. The motives for this are undoubtedly mixed, but it is useful to hear a few excerpts from the first mission statement of Rockefeller’s General Education Board as they occur in a document called Occasional Letter Number One (1906):

"In our dreams, we have limitless resources and the people yield themselves with perfect docility to our molding hands. The present education conventions fade from their minds, and unhampered by tradition, we work our own good will upon a grateful and responsive rural folk. We shall not try to make these people or any of their children into philosophers or men of learning, or men of science. We have not to raise up from among them authors, editors, poets, or men of letters. We shall not search for embryo great artists, painters, musicians, nor lawyers, doctors, preachers, politicians, statesmen, of whom we have an ample supply.

The task we set before ourselves is very simple, as well as a very beautiful one, to train these people as we find them, to a perfectly ideal life, just where they are. So we will organize our children and teach them to do in a perfect way the things their fathers and mothers are doing in an imperfect way, in the homes, in the shops, on the farm.".

Kendra
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Reflections from LL © I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 9:45 am

Reflections from LL © Spiralbeakturkey
Back to top Go down
outsidethebox

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Reflections from LL © I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 5:24 pm

Dennis Voss wrote:
Reflections from LL © Spiralbeakturkey

That is very good Dennis but how about the a monster bird with a gastric feeding tube attached to an ocean of public revenue...and its circular beak inserted into its own rear.
Back to top Go down
Larry Leonhardt

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Reflections from LL © I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:58 am

Kendra, thank you for your post which ended with ".....So we will organize our children and teach them to do in a perfect way the things their fathers and mothers are doing in an imperfect way, in the homes, in the shops, on the farm.".
A depressing example of how the elite leaders of mankind have been manipulating the populace throughout recorded history. History records that over time the unrest of the populace ultimately revolts and the process begins anew over and over again, each creating a new set of ever increasing governing rules and regulatory laws designed, promoted and enforced to control the populace.

Civil disobedience often grows out of inequity or unjustifiable infringements. Pertinent to our own little cattle breeding world, MK publicly announced his emancipation renouncing the AAA's manipulative powers with his dissenting public "Declaration of Independence". Going down this independent road less traveled hoping the truth shall set us free, questions have arisen that need to be clarified to avoid any misconceived perceptions in regards to what we'll call the "TruLine Road". The conceptual purpose of "TruLine" was not conceived to create a new society to act as a central oversight agency for like-minded breeders with new man made rules and regulatory laws.....the only applicable law on this lonely road is Natural Law. Certifying any authenticity while establishing genetic truths is the exclusive responsibilty of each independent breeder , chained to his clientele, they will sink or swim together.

Therefore, the sole purpose of "TruLine"is educational, a conceptual and realistic direction towards harnessing hybrid power.....a cohesive effort is required to describe the practical and potential merits of stabilized populations. It is not to continue teaching "the things our fathers and mothers are doing in an imperfect way", but to stimulate independent rational thought based on common sense.

"TruLine" is not to determine what types of cattle to establish, but to change the direction to isolate and stabilize the various types rather than combining chaotic integration with extremes. Genetic chaos creates manipulative connivers who thrive on populace ignorance promoting unlimited hopes and aspirations. Harnessing hybrid power is not a panacea of profound promises, but it offers a better way to provide lasting economic progress for those tired, weary and hungry from following the charades of the mainstream parades.

During the formative years of the "TruLine" concept, encouraged by Mr. K.A. Clark, he forewarned me that any success will be dependent upon the proper education of the commercial beef producers. The profundity of that simple short statement has never been more applicable than today....and that alone is the only mission for my participation on KC, my cattle must sell themselves by their own recognizability.

So thank you for your needed help Kendra ....and for not being one of those teachers who teach us in a perfect way to keep on doing the same ole things we are doing in an imperfect way.

LL in the vicinity of a surplus of elite Chiefs and an extreme shortage of Indians.
Back to top Go down
jonken

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Reflections from LL © I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 10:48 pm

Dennis and Ben have given us a sneak peak at the challenges and joys of living among the tenacity and spirit of the western woman. So, I suppose it would be fair to say that Jon might claim to know at least one Mid-Western woman that tends to beat a dead horse to death Shocked …… but doesn’t this all go back to the premise of “SELF” or SELFLESS?” Your statement “the sole purpose of "TruLine" is educational, a conceptual and realistic direction towards harnessing hybrid power.....a cohesive effort is required to describe the practical and potential merits of stabilized populations.”
No mention of the intent of education being for profit, status, or other self promotion. SELF or SELFLESS has clearly shifted our culture’s definition of successful results, from a “qualitative to a quantitative” sense. Our need for immediate results demands that we find, create, or manipulate data to use as proof that we have the very same qualitative results that we weren’t willing to commit to because of the extensive amount TIME required. Thus…. the introduction and dependence upon Marketing.

Marketing has done such a phenomenal job that we now have a culture that views Education as a “thing”, that can be obtained,(void of mistakes or failures) instead of a process (full of mistakes and adjustments). And once obtained, it gives one the credentials that “proves, - quantitatively,” that they hold an elevated position worthy of dispensing knowledge and insight— again it’s quantitatively of course. Through Marketing, our organized system of education, has been credited of giving one “power”, and power surely leads to “best”. By “best” we’ve been marketed into believing that “the best” means having the “most,” with little thought given to what the consequences are of scrambling to obtain it all.” And perhaps more appropriately stated…. with little thought given to the WHO that receives those consequences in the attempts to scramble to obtain it all?

So as a rebuttal to this excerpt from the mission statement of the first board of education- “to train these people as we find them, to a perfectly ideal life, just where they are. So we will organize our children and teach them to do in a perfect way the things their fathers and mothers are doing in an imperfect way,” I’d suggest we revise it to “Self –reliance is the antidote to institutional insanity.”
Kendra
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Reflections from LL © I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 8:03 pm

jonken wrote:
Dennis and Ben have given us a sneak peak at the challenges and joys of living among the tenacity and spirit of the western woman. So, I suppose it would be fair to say that Jon might claim to know at least one Mid-Western woman that tends to beat a dead horse to death Shocked …… but doesn’t this all go back to the premise of “SELF” or SELFLESS?” Your statement “the sole purpose of "TruLine" is educational, a conceptual and realistic direction towards harnessing hybrid power.....a cohesive effort is required to describe the practical and potential merits of stabilized populations.”
No mention of the intent of education being for profit, status, or other self promotion. SELF or SELFLESS has clearly shifted our culture’s definition of successful results, from a “qualitative to a quantitative” sense. Our need for immediate results demands that we find, create, or manipulate data to use as proof that we have the very same qualitative results that we weren’t willing to commit to because of the extensive amount TIME required. Thus…. the introduction and dependence upon Marketing.

Marketing has done such a phenomenal job that we now have a culture that views Education as a “thing”, that can be obtained,(void of mistakes or failures) instead of a process (full of mistakes and adjustments). And once obtained, it gives one the credentials that “proves, - quantitatively,” that they hold an elevated position worthy of dispensing knowledge and insight— again it’s quantitatively of course. Through Marketing, our organized system of education, has been credited of giving one “power”, and power surely leads to “best”. By “best” we’ve been marketed into believing that “the best” means having the “most,” with little thought given to what the consequences are of scrambling to obtain it all.” And perhaps more appropriately stated…. with little thought given to the WHO that receives those consequences in the attempts to scramble to obtain it all?

So as a rebuttal to this excerpt from the mission statement of the first board of education- “to train these people as we find them, to a perfectly ideal life, just where they are. So we will organize our children and teach them to do in a perfect way the things their fathers and mothers are doing in an imperfect way,” I’d suggest we revise it to “Self –reliance is the antidote to institutional insanity.”
Kendra

oh my goodness Kendra, in the hustle and bustle {scramble} of nonsensical reading, {Hitchens and Drudge Smile } I have been asleep at the wheel...I come here to make a post in the name of Sir Leonhardt, only to find this gem lying here un-noticed by me, without comment by anyone, and perhaps without due appreciation...so before I add the next post from Larry, I will read this a few times, and suggest others to as well, and comment, if only by a hearty AYE, AYE Kendra Smile
Back to top Go down
Larry Leonhardt

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Reflections from LL © I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 7:06 am

Under the "Cartoons" topic Dennis Voss wrote:
Reflections from LL © Bearsometimesnothingfits

Dear Cast of Loyal Viewers, ( An edited shorter version of DV's message fitting the pertinent parts together)
By now you realize and accept ........ the truth of reality. I challenge all of you to see this incredible opportunity...... to push yourselves to the core of your being for the betterment of your own brains as well as the future of the countries we live in.....We (KC) are all collectively pushing each other further..... hooked together like a train going somewhere .... Larkota, get off of your ass and jump into the river.... let's go! Life is flying by and the core heartbeat of the entire thing, Leonhardt, stands like a rock for all of us to aspire to.

Dennis with more thought later, maybe I'll put the parts together, maybe I won't.

MK wrote:
larkota wrote:
to quote Larry.

development of parent stock that can regularly produce beef animals which at the lowest possible expenditure of labor and cost give the highest possible and longest lasting returns to the commercial industry.
now I just have to figure out how??

Our life is frittered away by detail... simplify, simplify. Henry David Thoreau

Dennis, one of the things (we) the cast of loyal viewers know is that the basic "core heartbeat" powering this train is controlled "NUCLEAR FISSION". Regarding the objective that Larkota refers to, (we) know we can't keep looking back at the past destructive forces of unleashed nuclear fission lest we turn into pillars of salt....that our time is better spent only looking forward to controlling the power of the nucleus. So Larkota, before jumping into the murky river of no return that may be filled with piranhas, trying to sound more professionally scientific, the first step in nuclear warfare is to reach a greater understanding relative to the activity of molecular biology.

To strategically "figure out how" to work towards this basic objective simplifying the complex, (we) know how genes wage these ongoing, intangible, invisible nucleate battles for predominance. (We) know how to measure the "white victors" while the "black losers" of each battle retreat hiding in the black forest waiting in ready reserve for reinforcements for the next ruthless battle. (We) know how selection reinforces the gene frequencies for our favored victorious teams and in theory the power of the latent losers are reduced one animal at a time.

All seems well, our favored teams are winning.....but alas, ultimately our cup runneth over and we're subjected to the rules of the great equalizer in natural law. (We) have learned how the nucleus of the parts are linked together as we change existing energy from one form to another....but alas, others seem to be in defiance of how natural law will ultimately prevail. Therefore, in any successful assembly line process, certainly the molecular parts must fit together for a satisfactory finished product.

(We) mold the parts for satisfying endings, others combine everything for insatiable never endings. (We) start and end somewhere, when good enough is better than nothing, knowing that any lasting genetic "progress" hinges on economics. (We) know every individual is an isolated populaton of a randomized portion of the ancestry's germ plasm....the result of a nucleate battle limited to that individuals proportionate share of his parents. Obviously, (we) know closed herds are isolated populations of individuals, and that breeds were formed as isolated populations to limit the nucleate cluster by focusing on "fixing" the purity of certain favored characters. (We) know how the simple becomes complex warfare with man's unwillingness to accept the consequences of the linked train of natural law. (We) know how these consequences stimulated DV's above illustration, how nuclear fissioned parts that do not fit together create bombs instead of bonds.

(We) know the difficulty is not in the genetic application abiding by natural law, that the difficulty is in the natural human element. (We) simply see a wrong and try to right it, others go on and on fightin' all about it. Whether (we) choose red, yellow, green or blue, Charolais, Angus, Wagyu or Simme's too, all (we) need ta' do is breed 'em all to breed more true...... in a marketplace based only on true "white" and "black" value.

(We) know the science of breeding seedstock is continually changing, but the artwork of natural law is unchangeable. Geez, from all the things (we) know, It is not a matter of figuring "out how", but "who" will hone the parts in succession beyond each of our own mortal lives. A L L L L A B O A R D the train to somewhere ....... where the destination is the clear calm bay at the end of the murky river who's mud has finally settled to the bottom Smile

LL enjoyin' my electronic peace pipe in the smokin' allowed cabin of the (We) Land Express

Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Reflections from LL © I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 3:50 am

Larry Leonhardt wrote:
Dennis, one of the things (we) the cast of loyal viewers know is that the basic "core heartbeat" powering this train is controlled "NUCLEAR FISSION". Regarding the objective that Larkota refers to, (we) know we can't keep looking back at the past destructive forces of unleashed nuclear fission lest we turn into pillars of salt....that our time is better spent only looking forward to controlling the power of the nucleus. So Larkota, before jumping into the murky river of no return that may be filled with piranhas, trying to sound more professionally scientific, the first step in nuclear warfare is to reach a greater understanding relative to the activity of molecular biology.

To strategically "figure out how" to work towards this basic objective simplifying the complex, (we) know how genes wage these ongoing, intangible, invisible nucleate battles for predominance. (We) know how to measure the "white victors" while the "black losers" of each battle retreat hiding in the black forest waiting in ready reserve for reinforcements for the next ruthless battle. (We) know how selection reinforces the gene frequencies for our favored victorious teams and in theory the power of the latent losers are reduced one animal at a time.

All seems well, our favored teams are winning.....but alas, ultimately our cup runneth over and we're subjected to the rules of the great equalizer in natural law. (We) have learned how the nucleus of the parts are linked together as we change existing energy from one form to another....but alas, others seem to be in defiance of how natural law will ultimately prevail. Therefore, in any successful assembly line process, certainly the molecular parts must fit together for a satisfactory finished product.

(We) mold the parts for satisfying endings, others combine everything for insatiable never endings. (We) start and end somewhere, when good enough is better than nothing, knowing that any lasting genetic "progress" hinges on economics. (We) know every individual is an isolated populaton of a randomized portion of the ancestry's germ plasm....the result of a nucleate battle limited to that individuals proportionate share of his parents. Obviously, (we) know closed herds are isolated populations of individuals, and that breeds were formed as isolated populations to limit the nucleate cluster by focusing on "fixing" the purity of certain favored characters. (We) know how the simple becomes complex warfare with man's unwillingness to accept the consequences of the linked train of natural law. (We) know how these consequences stimulated DV's above illustration, how nuclear fissioned parts that do not fit together create bombs instead of bonds.

(We) know the difficulty is not in the genetic application abiding by natural law, that the difficulty is in the natural human element. (We) simply see a wrong and try to right it, others go on and on fightin' all about it. Whether (we) choose red, yellow, green or blue, Charolais, Angus, Wagyu or Simme's too, all (we) need ta' do is breed 'em all to breed more true...... in a marketplace based only on true "white" and "black" value.

(We) know the science of breeding seedstock is continually changing, but the artwork of natural law is unchangeable. Geez, from all the things (we) know, It is not a matter of figuring "out how", but "who" will hone the parts in succession beyond each of our own mortal lives. A L L L L A B O A R D the train to somewhere ....... where the destination is the clear calm bay at the end of the murky river who's mud has finally settled to the bottom Smile

LL enjoyin' my electronic peace pipe in the smokin' allowed cabin of the (We) Land Express

The physics of fission and fusion can be confusin', even to old Confucius. I believe he's confusin' the process of fusion with his vision of fission, unless I'm missin' his mission. At the heart of the dark matter is whether we should splatter the energy of our reactions over all of time and space. Or can we harness the hybrid power of the sun, and fuse two lesser elements into one, by first keeping each in it's place?

To create fusion from confusion, (we) have to drop the con.

TD, going back to bed.
Back to top Go down
Larry Leonhardt

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Reflections from LL © I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:54 pm

SHOSHONE QUEEN MOTHER UNO
Registration No. 1
Born: 1 April 1978
Died: Immortal

Reflections from LL © CowforLLredbluewhite

CURRENT INDEPENDENT Expected Progeny Difference as of 3/4/12
CE: 0
BW: 0
WW: 0
YW: 0
RADG: 0
YH: 0
SC: 0
CEM: 0
MILK: 0
DESCENDENTS: 318,652
MW: 0
MH: 0
HP: 0
DOC: 0
CW: 0
MARB: 0
REA: 0
FAT: 0
CARCASS: 0
TENDER: 0
$EN: 0
$W: 0
$G: 0
$B: 0
$RFI: 0
DISTR INDEX: 0
NET PROFIT INDEX: Positive

LL, RR#1, Flatland Rd NW, TruLine City, Enuff, North America
Back to top Go down
Larry Leonhardt

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Reflections from LL © I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 8:16 pm

OF FASHIONS. TYPES, ENVIRONMENTAL FORCES ......and TAILS
Bootheel wrote:
Reflections from LL © Picture_0324-1

Picture judging is a booger Mike. I am not that picky, but yeah I like the last PICTURE the best. I don't believe either one of them would be too problematic for commercial profit, whether bred to their respective equal, or crossed to FIX. I am still reeling from the udder quality some 3 months later. I thought I had some good uddered cows, but the forudder attachment(yes fore not 4) is unparalleled by any herd or line of Angus cattle I have seen. Is it neccessary to have such udder? Maybe not, but I would like the whole cow to wear out at the same time, rather than cull for feet, or udders, legs, empty bellies, etc.
Bootheel, trying really hard to think about cattle

And In a later post, Bootheel wrote:
......In a whirlwind of tail evaluation this week I have come to the conclusion that I must accept that my cattle, on average, will have shorter tails. I guess I could sell them all and start over with long tails, but I won't. It is still interesting to me though, and I reserve the right to change my mind at any time I see fit.
The hors d'oeuvre on the menu today is ox tail soup and DV's finally brought to our attention the importance of happy tails. Tails have been waggin' the dog in this business ever since I can remember. DV has a special affinity for good feet, that he starts with the feet and works his way up when selecting or judging cattle. I confess that in my own unique situation, I start with a happy tail selection as a first priority and everything, YES ,EVERYTHING else just naturally falls in place.......Twas told long ago to just leave 'em alone and they'll come come waggin' their tails behind them.

Tis time to simplify the complex .... Tis time to explode the myth that single trait selection doesn't work .....Tis time to ignore the 35 EPD measures.....Tis time to abandon the races of multiple trait selection......Tis time to reveal what can happen when we disregard the importance of single trait happy tail selection in favor of multiple trait races by the numbers - i.e.notice the tail on the ANGRY cow below compared to the happy tailed, CONTENTED cow pictured above, its plain to see she's a triple P cow (in pain and a pissed off purebred)

Reflections from LL © Badcow3_Painting3-1

AND THE LONGER WE IGNOR HAPPY TAIL SELECTION, THE WORSE IT CAN GET!!!!

Fortunately, with the assistance from Mother Nature, the outliers DV illustrated above are as rare as the top outliers on the other end. And so when DV illustrated the INTERIOR and happy tail of Shoshone Queen Mother Uno, since he is a feet man and who like all artists tends to dramatize his illustrations, I suspect he used

Reflections from LL © CowforLLredbluewhite

Mean Spriit's big white cow as a model for the feet and heavy boned legs, which may just be this particular artist's pre-conceived, misguided mis-perception : )

Reflections from LL © MsBabe2

Whereas in reality Uno is much finer boned, however, DV surely must've modeled the EXTERIOR of the rest of Shoshone Queen Mother Uno after her 261,548th descendant's fertility proven extraording, ordinary happy tail, now residing in KY. MS says his cow has a strong tail. For those enquiring minds who want to know the difference between strong tails and happy tails, know that happy tails on cows extend forward along the back connected to pretty, less concerning, humble yet sexy friendly faces, not meant for pulling plows, but bearing a unique finesse quality. I recently asked DV to illustrate an SXC cow (sexy centerpiece) for Tom D, but he's busy drawing pretty fire ants and woody creatures : ))

Reflections from LL © 2966-10-2-11-1

Or, perhaps DV's EXTERIOR model was Uno's humble 302,230th descendant's happy tail extending forward now residing in Alberta

Reflections from LL © Symmentry

Or, maybe DV's EXTERIOR model could've even been Uno's 98,260th descendent's extended happy tail, who's immortality resides in Nebraska

Reflections from LL © 6157

Or maybe DV's model was this 190,663rd Uno descendant of happy and humble tails..... or does it even matter which model he used???

Reflections from LL © 6115

Since here is the real image and model of my UNO No. 1 cow

Reflections from LL © Luria1022

And my continuation of her selected individual immortality portrayed below with happy tails for both your EXTERIOR & INTERIOR view, with the tails of her sire, dam and first born yearling sired by her own sire......the very core of my portion of the universe

Reflections from LL © 1702balboa

Note the sexy beauty of her happy and contented tail....Once upon a time MK had an EXTERIOR & INTERIOR happy tailed duplicate of my very own Uno No. 1 cow, his #902 cow.... but back then, MK was not himself happy. He worried about numbers and IBC's.....and merchandising, completely unaware of the need for continual happy tail selection. So while Bootheel and Mike wile away their time hypothesizing any connection to length of tail and milking ability, obviously, they will conclude happy tail selection will not work any better than numbers derived from averages based on a compositional mix of various types and kinds. And so, I actually don't expect anyone to appreciate my happy tailed cows nearly as much as I do......as a matter of fact, most mainstream registered people would try to improve rather than sustain and maintain these type of cows with their own independent zero EPD standard of excellence via simple selection for happy tails.

For example, this descendant, portrayed when MK took her picture when she was a first calf heifer, now 10 years old is creating her own legacy......her happy tail extends clear up to the tip of her exceptionally contented nose, expressed in her eyes.

Reflections from LL © 6340d-1

And it is my fondest hope that John D. continues to practice happy tail selection with this descendant of Cow #6113

Reflections from LL © Funkcow-1

Whilst I, and several others, go on and on and on and on with the current descendants selecting happy tails that extend to the tip of their contented noses

LL reciting a tale of tails from bow to stern, or would that be from stern to bow, let's just hoist the anchor mateys and get underway : )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reflections from LL ©   Reflections from LL © I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reflections from LL ©
Page 1 of 16Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next