Keeney`s Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ABS Traveling Road Show

Go down 
+8
trevorgreycattleco
Oldblood
Dylan Biggs
chocolate cow
Oldtimer
Mean Spirit
PatB
OAK LANE FARM
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OAK LANE FARM

ABS Traveling Road Show Empty
PostSubject: ABS Traveling Road Show   ABS Traveling Road Show I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 5:50 pm

I wish Lorna Marshall would put an ABS meeting on in my vicinity. I haven't been invited since I told Keith Vander Schloot that I was going to breed all my cows to Shoshone Viking because I was pretty sure most of their bulls weren't Angus (Hoff era). I missed a good one in Kansas from what my freinds tell me. It seems there is some reason to "PROTECT" pretty much every bull in the line up. I am working on my conceptualizing as DV recomended and well, the concept of having bull that are so extreme or deficient in something that protection must be addressed in that manner speaks volumes. It sounds like commercial cattlemen and the seedstock producers who deserve their business should surely "Protect" themselves from those kinds of bulls and that kind of a company. I opened up the ABS sire directory and there was Myghty out of Focus front and center. I have never seen poorer Angus cattle in my life that those sired by that bull.
Back to top Go down
PatB

PostSubject: Re: ABS Traveling Road Show   ABS Traveling Road Show I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 6:00 pm

Back to top Go down
Mean Spirit

PostSubject: Re: ABS Traveling Road Show   ABS Traveling Road Show I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 8:57 pm

Interesting bull. Double bred new design, plus twin valley precision. What could've gone wrong.

I think it's very refreshing that they actually put POS in his name. I admire the boldness and the honesty.
Back to top Go down
Oldtimer

Oldtimer

PostSubject: Re: ABS Traveling Road Show   ABS Traveling Road Show I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 10:15 pm

Mean Spirit wrote:
Interesting bull. Double bred new design, plus twin valley precision. What could've gone wrong.

I think it's very refreshing that they actually put POS in his name. I admire the boldness and the honesty.

Laughing Laughing cheers

Back to top Go down
chocolate cow

PostSubject: Re: ABS Traveling Road Show   ABS Traveling Road Show I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 11:40 pm

From ACS:

Foxx

USA
4684 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2011 : 15:06:46
Has anyone seen this bull that they can make a comment?

http://bullbarn.com/angblkepd.asp?ID=1413

Greg

USA
983 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2011 : 15:26:44
Haven't seen the bull or offspring....but did sell 30 straws the other day...shortly after he became the #1 $B bull at +84.30

http://www.angus.org/Animal/EpdPedDtl.aspx?aid=FAAAAHUa2eCE%2fvgRJklMLiF4fRVghkYi%2bXB%2bPaMnPdVIQpN5&time=LAAAAKu6WRuWVmPtPpH3f2huXaY426T%2f19PaIeDdVKBLZvRp6hSe5SlFNqOMbNsftUcjXQ%3d%3d

bullplumr

USA
915 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2011 : 15:49:49
Poss Total Impact sired the second high selling bull @$5200 in the St. Croix Valley bull test sale this past weekend. A link to the catalog follows. The bull is lot 3-1 on page 20, and his scan information is on another page near the front of the catalog. The calf was an average performer in the test with excellent scan information, came from Green Meadows Farm, a long-time leading performance herd in NW Wisconsin.

http://www.wisconsinangus.org/salebooks/stcroix041611/index.html

I did not get a good look at the bull from my seat, but he obviously passed muster with the bidders.
Back to top Go down
Dylan Biggs

PostSubject: Re: ABS Traveling Road Show   ABS Traveling Road Show I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 3:55 am

Mean Spirit wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ABS Traveling Road Show   ABS Traveling Road Show I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 8:55 am

ALERT!!! New bull ABS named after Jim L? 16864258
Back to top Go down
Oldblood

PostSubject: Re: ABS Traveling Road Show   ABS Traveling Road Show I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 2:26 am

This is my first post here, kinda like a virgin again almost. So go ez on me. First off my speling sucks os count on missed spelled worbs. The only thing worser than my spelln is my typen. Hay now I thinks ABS is a good compony as they helped me get into angus. They tried learnin me AI & told me to put my hand up the cows a$$ & I says the wife told me thans not wright all the action is in the bottom hole. Then I asked them what I need to be the besttis angus breeder. They said a big CalQlater, and I says I gotts one. They said Now your a angus breeder. I spent a lots of money on semen now don't have any left for gloves, so I had to quit chewing my finger nails now i'm getting corn stuck under them. ANyway Is wondering what the $B is it missed spelled. Does it stand for BS. O Dennis I to have longhorns but there on my huff cows.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ABS Traveling Road Show   ABS Traveling Road Show I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 8:31 am

Newer Olden Blood, Welcome to the goofy land, all make believe coffee hour geezers whaling on some one or thing as mother nature chews away on us with weather bugs, virus bugs, bacteria bugs, cancer bugs, just bugs, mispelling bugs, genetic BS bugs, ABS bugs, Shoshone bugs. Your new friend- Bloody Headed Bully Dennis Voss-- In the vicinity of Bugs Galore chewing the life right out of me.
Back to top Go down
Oldblood

PostSubject: Re: ABS Traveling Road Show   ABS Traveling Road Show I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 10:43 am

Gee Double d, take a pill. Sometime you gotta let your hair & relaxe. Live, Laugh & Love. I now you live, now if you can laugh then maybe the misses will let you love. I love you Then if get love maybe you won't be so dam crabbie. By the way your handle doudle d is that your brand or does that
have something to with the misses. Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ABS Traveling Road Show   ABS Traveling Road Show I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 11:05 am

Now Oldtimer you were about to break the only rule. The smartest words we say are usually the ones we don't say. You almost slipped. Are you starting to get FLOOD FEVER.
Back to top Go down
Dylan Biggs

PostSubject: Re: ABS Traveling Road Show   ABS Traveling Road Show I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 11:36 am

W.T wrote:
Now Oldtimer you were about to break the only rule. The smartest words we say are usually the ones we don't say. You almost slipped. Are you starting to get FLOOD FEVER.

Don't think Oldblood is Oldtimer, I had to do a double take also.

Back to top Go down
Oldblood

PostSubject: Re: ABS Traveling Road Show   ABS Traveling Road Show I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 11:41 am

W.T Fri 22 Apr 2011, 10:05 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote] W. T. You talkin to me cause I'm OLDBLOOD not oldtimer If I'm flooding out the this old world is in bad shape. Oldtimer is a old lawdog from MT. I'm an old OUTLAW from SD.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ABS Traveling Road Show   ABS Traveling Road Show I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 1:39 pm

OPPS. Was in a hurry guess that happens. You have probably been called worse by better. At least I didn't call you some other FAMOUS name like?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ABS Traveling Road Show   ABS Traveling Road Show I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 8:33 pm

Oldblood wrote:
Gee Double d, take a pill. Sometime you gotta let your hair & relaxe. Live, Laugh & Love. I now you live, now if you can laugh then maybe the misses will let you love. I love you Then if get love maybe you won't be so dam crabbie. By the way your handle doudle d is that your brand or does that

It's our brand. Double D's are a bit large for my likeing. Just seams like alot of chaff on here for a few kernels of wheat.
Back to top Go down
trevorgreycattleco

trevorgreycattleco

Location : central Ohio exactly the center. stuck in the middle

PostSubject: Re: ABS Traveling Road Show   ABS Traveling Road Show I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 11:09 pm

oldblood, I rarely speak up on here. I have nothing to teach these fellas. Well maybe golf. Shot 74 the other day after going 4 over on the first two holes in a driving wind. I got to say oldfart, you are annoying. You gotta work hard at spelling that bad. My daddy told me to never have a battle of wits with a unarmed man. Sir, you got no ammo. Did the short bus pick you up back in the day in SD? go over and argue with ol Jim L on the 4.9-42069xyz. He is the biggest rooster in the henhouse. Just ask him.

Double D, did it rain finally? I wish I could send some of this slop from Ohio to you. Only four inches forcast next 36 hours. its already waterlogged here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ABS Traveling Road Show   ABS Traveling Road Show I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 11:17 pm

We got some rain today not that we needed it I've been hauling bales thru the mud with my 1805 Massey.It's been a cold spring here no grass yet.

A friend of mine is working on a wind farm project in Southern Illinois he called a couple days ago and said they got rained out sounds like a muddy mess.
Back to top Go down
trevorgreycattleco

trevorgreycattleco

PostSubject: Re: ABS Traveling Road Show   ABS Traveling Road Show I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 12:34 am

Double D, my bad I thought I was talking to double b. I need glasses.
Back to top Go down
Dylan Biggs

PostSubject: Re: ABS Traveling Road Show   ABS Traveling Road Show I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 9:36 am

Great Avatar! lol!

Last edited by Dylan Biggs on Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dylan Biggs

PostSubject: Re: ABS Traveling Road Show   ABS Traveling Road Show I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 9:44 am

double d wrote:
Oldblood wrote:

It's our brand. Double D's are a bit large for my likeing. Just seams like alot of chaff on here for a few kernels of wheat.

"my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country."
Back to top Go down
Dylan Biggs

PostSubject: Re: ABS Traveling Road Show   ABS Traveling Road Show I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 10:04 am

OAK LANE FARM wrote:
It seems there is some reason to "PROTECT" pretty much every bull in the line up. I am working on my conceptualizing as DV recomended and well, the concept of having bull that are so extreme or deficient in something that protection must be addressed in that manner speaks volumes. It sounds like commercial cattlemen and the seedstock producers who deserve their business should surely "Protect" themselves from those kinds of bulls and that kind of a company. I opened up the ABS sire directory and there was Myghty out of Focus front and center. I have never seen poorer Angus cattle in my life that those sired by that bull.

The risk of genetic collateral damage is now so high that the purveyors themselves feel obliged to notify.

So the mainstream corporate genetic pushers are now in the dubious position of acknowledging by default that the major "service" is morphing into risk management and damage control that they themselves created.

No doubt they have all the genetic remedies to protect their valued customers.

affraid

Do I sound disillusioned?

I was told by one of the reps that I simply needed to do a better job of selecting sires that were more suited to my management and environment. Shocked

Which ones would those be?

This bull on page......will help fix the mess our other bulls created.

yeah Okay sounds like a heck of a plan ABS Traveling Road Show Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRP3NHzWa4UcceaGWdJD7iWrSzNPjBPd17y2viiZfaVakV3RPE_
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ABS Traveling Road Show   ABS Traveling Road Show I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 11:44 am

double d wrote:
Oldblood wrote:

There are 45 pages of material and quite thoughtful, even educational comments on the Reflections from Larry Leonhardt thread...I`m pretty sure it has more kernels than you`ve ever been exposed to; and I don`t believe I`ve read anything from you there I would deem a kernel of anything of value, or anywhere else for that matter other than a bit of self-promotion and a toad testimonial...5barx.com is the marketing site, and it would appear you would fit in well there...so either get smarter and add comments of value here, or be gone....
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com

PostSubject: Re: ABS Traveling Road Show   ABS Traveling Road Show I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 12:59 pm

MKeeney wrote:
double d wrote:
Oldblood wrote:

There are 45 pages of material and quite thoughtful, even educational comments on the Reflections from Larry Leonhardt thread...I`m pretty sure it has more kernels than you`ve ever been exposed to; and I don`t believe I`ve read anything from you there I would deem a kernel of anything of value, or anywhere else for that matter other than a bit of self-promotion and a toad testimonial...5barx.com is the marketing site, and it would appear you would fit in well there...so either get smarter and add comments of value here, or be gone....

I guess I'll just put my blinders on.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ABS Traveling Road Show   ABS Traveling Road Show I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 9:15 pm

trevorgreycattleco wrote:
oldblood, I rarely speak up on here. I have nothing to teach these fellas. Well maybe golf. Shot 74 the other day after going 4 over on the first two holes in a driving wind. I got to say oldfart, you are annoying. You gotta work hard at spelling that bad. My daddy told me to never have a battle of wits with a unarmed man. Sir, you got no ammo. Did the short bus pick you up back in the day in SD? go over and argue with ol Jim L on the 4.9-42069xyz. He is the biggest rooster in the henhouse. Just ask him.

Double D, did it rain finally? I wish I could send some of this slop from Ohio to you. Only four inches forcast next 36 hours. its already waterlogged here.

good knowing you are still around, young fellow, and still shooting low...I sent a good bull up your way; you should get acquainted with Dan Brown...
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
trevorgreycattleco

trevorgreycattleco

PostSubject: Re: ABS Traveling Road Show   ABS Traveling Road Show I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 12:07 pm

I have always been here Mike. I just read and learn on here for the most part. I have had some drama over the winter but i am still kickin. I never heard of Dan Brown. How can I find this fella?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ABS Traveling Road Show   ABS Traveling Road Show I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ABS Traveling Road Show
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next