Keeney`s Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

They're just cattle

Go down 
AuthorMessage

They're just cattle Empty
PostSubject: They're just cattle   They're just cattle I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 9:18 pm

The pictorial essay will begin with examples from the low growth, maybe too much milk, but fairly problem free bull that has lead me on the path I am today. A little disclaimer, yea the cows have mud, flies, weeds covering them up, flaws and such. The biggest thing this bull has done for me is fix udders, give feminine females, that may tend towards a dairy type, breed up has been good on them, but they will get to looking tough.

They're just cattle 068

They're just cattle 066

They're just cattle 037-2

They're just cattle 078

Fly resistance and heat adaptability......or resourcefulness bred into them Razz

They're just cattle 038-2

A spring born bull calf from a daughter by the sire of the first cows
They're just cattle 014-2

Another resourceful cow, I counted the flies, the muddy ones had a much higher resistance score
She is a daughter of one of the first cows

They're just cattle 041-1

A 3\4 sister to the bull calf
They're just cattle 033-2

8 year old commercial of similar breeding
They're just cattle 072

An '01 model, In four or five days of picture attempts, this cow was always eating, an outlier for fleshing ability.....maybe correlated to eating obsession.

They're just cattle 069

Let the games begin
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: They're just cattle   They're just cattle I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 8:18 pm

Bootheel wrote:
The pictorial essay will begin with examples from the low growth, maybe too much milk, but fairly problem free bull that has lead me on the path I am today. A little disclaimer, yea the cows have mud, flies, weeds covering them up, flaws and such. The biggest thing this bull has done for me is fix udders, give feminine females, that may tend towards a dairy type, breed up has been good on them, but they will get to looking tough.

They're just cattle 068

They're just cattle 066

They're just cattle 037-2

They're just cattle 078

Fly resistance and heat adaptability......or resourcefulness bred into them Razz

They're just cattle 038-2

A spring born bull calf from a daughter by the sire of the first cows
They're just cattle 014-2

Another resourceful cow, I counted the flies, the muddy ones had a much higher resistance score
She is a daughter of one of the first cows

They're just cattle 041-1

A 3\4 sister to the bull calf
They're just cattle 033-2

8 year old commercial of similar breeding
They're just cattle 072

An '01 model, In four or five days of picture attempts, this cow was always eating, an outlier for fleshing ability.....maybe correlated to eating obsession.

They're just cattle 069

Let the games begin
The answer to flesh and mud etc usually lies not in the 50 inches of frame score, but the closet 5 inches to the ground...so, where`s the clover? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com

PostSubject: Re: They're just cattle   They're just cattle I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 8:30 pm

You mean this,
They're just cattle 006-2
not much of it left alive after sixty days of little to no rain in May and June, it did all go to seed, and was in tremendous quantity this year, of course those pictures above are right before a move, not after or you would not be able to see the cow, much less the udders.

Most looks more like this right now
They're just cattle 002-2

They're just cattle 093-1
Here is the free 40 acres, planted by airplane, into beans, last fall, just now grazing for the first time

And another
They're just cattle 094

Nothing like being armed and ready for battle with pictures Laughing Mad Razz

Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: They're just cattle   They're just cattle I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 8:39 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
great anticipation Joe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They're just cattle   They're just cattle I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

They're just cattle
Page 1 of 1