Keeney`s Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

linebreeding

Go down 
AuthorMessage
moemantha

linebreeding Empty
PostSubject: linebreeding   linebreeding I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 4:12 pm

A question to all linebreeders, is it your intention to let your customers capitalize on your tight gene pool and with them becomes hybrid vigor? Or are your customers continuing to buy bulls of similar genetics from your program allowing them to capitalize on the consistency gained?

Why do the animals in nature not regress like the linebred cattle do? Phenotypically I am asking...
Back to top Go down

linebreeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: linebreeding   linebreeding I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 6:10 pm

I don't know much of nothin' about nothin', but in my quest to not introduce unknowns, and work within' a finite population, I know of other way to get around it other than ''linebreeding''.

The never ending quest for ''new blood'' just wears me out. As it looks now, I'm about to take a course in being droughted out. It looks like my nucleaus is going to get a whole lot smaller, and then a quest for new blood will begin again, or new ventures, either way the game of agricultural life gives me enough variables without unneccessarily adding to it.

Bootheel, not particulary linebred and neither are his cows
Back to top Go down

linebreeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: linebreeding   linebreeding I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 9:57 pm

moemantha wrote:
A question to all linebreeders, is it your intention to let your customers capitalize on your tight gene pool and with them becomes hybrid vigor? Or are your customers continuing to buy bulls of similar genetics from your program allowing them to capitalize on the consistency gained?

Why do the animals in nature not regress like the linebred cattle do? Phenotypically I am asking...

Yep!!!

Jack
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

linebreeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: linebreeding   linebreeding I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

linebreeding
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeney`s Corner :: Breeding Philosophies :: Breeding Philosophies-
Jump to: