Keeney`s Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

keeney's corner gathering?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PatB

keeney's corner gathering? Empty
PostSubject: keeney's corner gathering?   keeney's corner gathering? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 8:52 am

Mike and company

Can you post the preliminary information on where when the gathering will be held? I remember seeing the post but did not write the info down.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: keeney's corner gathering?   keeney's corner gathering? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 7:46 am

patb wrote:
Mike and company

Can you post the preliminary information on where when the gathering will be held? I remember seeing the post but did not write the info down.

Pat, this all tentative; I have not contacted the USDA Miles City folks yet...but I hope Miles City on Friday afternoon Aug 10; Jack`s place , morning, lunch, afternoon, and anything else we can sponge off him on Aug 11 Smile
pick up Robert and drive out ...and oh yes Pat, I hope Greg Golden, the straight shooter, can make it up to Jacks; so you`ll be able to get more eye to eye info on your bull of the moment Smile
and since I was looking for a place to put this as I laugh at all the momentary Cedar excitement, might as well be here...

Whereas; the registered business is build on $100,000 bulls; if you can`t sell one; you fake selling one. If you can’t buy one; you buy a share; AI to one; or own a son of one. At Keeney Angus, we use our own bulls produced for a $1000 and our customers make cows with fewer problems and sell feeder calves for the same commercial prices as the $100,000 bull users. but let me add...there ain`t a helluva lot of excitement in so doing; I haven`t spotted a mussel around here forever; just a few minnows swimming by Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com
PatB

PostSubject: Re: keeney's corner gathering?   keeney's corner gathering? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 8:49 am

Cedar ridge will be used untill my semen is used up and most likely a son will be used also. I am hopeing all the cedar ridge fever will go away but that may not happen. I am more interested in getting females out of him but a bull canidate would not hurt my feelings.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: keeney's corner gathering?   keeney's corner gathering? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:56 am

I still love reading about the registered business; mostly because it reminds me how glad I am not to be part of it...the sales pitch, the new hot bull fever, the old bull rarity, the sons, the great daughters with nary a consideration of the sort, and then finally...the disappointments...nothing new under the sun...
Back to top Go down
PatB

PostSubject: Re: keeney's corner gathering?   keeney's corner gathering? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:13 pm

UnfortunatelY I will be able to make the August gathering. The inlaws decided that the whole family wii be going a 2 week cruise of the med (Italy, Greece, Turkey and other points interest) during July.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: keeney's corner gathering?   keeney's corner gathering? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:43 pm

patb wrote:
UnfortunatelY I will be able to make the August gathering. The inlaws decided that the whole family wii be going a 2 week cruise of the med (Italy, Greece, Turkey and other points interest) during July.

On what cruise ship???
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: keeney's corner gathering?   keeney's corner gathering? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 1:40 pm

patb wrote:

well, show your declaration of independence and tell them re-schedule Smile going through the straits of Hormuz could be interesting; but far less dangerous than being a mainstreamer in the same crowd as DV ...
Back to top Go down
Angus 62

PostSubject: Re: keeney's corner gathering?   keeney's corner gathering? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:17 pm

I will try like heck to make it. Some years back I drove from Miles City to Torrington WY in a little over five hours to try and make it to a sale. Won't be doing that again pale
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: keeney's corner gathering?   keeney's corner gathering? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 3:26 pm

Angus 62 wrote:
I will try like heck to make it. Some years back I drove from Miles City to Torrington WY in a little over five hours to try and make it to a sale. Won't be doing that again pale

looking forward to it Curt...I`m getting excited already, but I won`t put up the Pointer Sisters until MS confirms his intentions Smile
Back to top Go down
Grassfarmer

PostSubject: Re: keeney's corner gathering?   keeney's corner gathering? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 9:04 pm

MKeeney wrote:
I still love reading about the registered business; mostly because it reminds me how glad I am not to be part of it...the sales pitch, the new hot bull fever, the old bull rarity, the sons, the great daughters with nary a consideration of the sort, and then finally...the disappointments...nothing new under the sun...

Was at a forage committee meeting all day and over lunch got talking to a Red Angus breeder. He is a part time farmer, in the 25-30 cow range, spends up to $8000 on herd bulls, sells 10 bulls a year and NEEDS $3500 private treaty for them. Most of the conversation was about how bad the breed is - the bulls he buys at big $ only to find they add 20lb to the bw, bad udders and feet, or seriously bad fertility in the offspring. He was sick of buying these bulls he couldn't depend on but funny enough he didn't seem at all concerned that the guys buying his $3500 bulls might be having the same experience scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.luingcattle.com
PatB

PostSubject: Re: keeney's corner gathering?   keeney's corner gathering? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 7:03 am

W.T wrote:
patb wrote:

On what cruise ship???

I hope on one that stays afloat and not run aground. The cruise line is celebrity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: keeney's corner gathering?   keeney's corner gathering? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

keeney's corner gathering?
Page 1 of 1