Keeney`s Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y

Go down 
+12
jhudson
OAK LANE FARM
rross
Double B
Dylan Biggs
RobertMac
MKeeney
EddieM
Kent Powell
Charles
Tom D
Mean Spirit
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MKeeney
Admin

Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 7:03 am

our language can be pretty forgiving sometimes...
pretty dang precise often...I thought how much difference just one word change makes
in the following sentence from the pyramid con game...
Helping you is our business, and we take it very seriously.

one word change to get the real meaning

Helping you is our business, and we take you very seriously.

Back to top Go down
http://www.keeneyscorner.com

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 10:17 am

I see Fayrow's "Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show" was in Miles City yesterday and I missed it. Darn!!!
Pack up the babys and grab the old ladies, and everyone goes, everyone knows, bother love's show. Hallelujah Halle-hallelujah!

It seems here at least the fastest way to get people to try Shoshone genetics is to first have them use the OCC or PCC programs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 10:56 am

Too bad for the scrub brother to the east of the Two Dot Bridge, He sold his iron, then sold his cows instead of going Shoshone, now he mob grazes the county road ditches and lectures the locals on how to improve on your Grampa's old ways. Sing Road Show Bro. to the "BIG HOUSE ON THE HILL" Hey, How did that house get so BIG.
Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 8:33 pm

Quote :
SHOSHONE brand seems to be at a premuim

LL doesn't even need to raise cattle anymore. Just hang up a shingle that he'll let folks unload cattle there at the farm, he'll brand them as SHOSHONE and then the cattle guy can just load them back on the trailer after, after, after a cash payment is complete! All folks seem to think about is the tag and not the program or the quality. Pretty sad but also gives a view into the mindset of folks who want small cows and bulls with the "in" initials. Now there is an expensive branding job.
Back to top Go down
Bob H

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 10:57 pm

Eddie M us excentrics don't buy brands they have to be a type and breed true or we would find another excentric, because of ethics we don't have to search. Bob H
Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 4:12 pm

Quote :
Eddie M us excentrics don't buy brands they have to be a type and breed true or we would find another excentric, because of ethics we don't have to search. Bob H

Bob, thank goodness for ethics and those that have them. A lot of cattle and everthing else gets overvalued because it has the right tag or is being sold by the right person or company.
Back to top Go down
jbob

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 6:47 pm

Dennis Voss wrote:
A stink bug ranch, the mighty COFFIN BONER, JIMMIE STINK BUG NINJA WARRIOR, OLD STINKY LAST BEST COWPOKE, THE CLUCK HEN, COMPULSIVE CON FATSO DADLESS, and hidden in the wings, up at the "BIG" house, CAPTAIN KANGEROO FAYROW. How did he get to build the "BIG" house?

WOW!!! Dennis did you eat paint chips when you were a baby???? How can me buying a bull second hand, spiral you into such a public mental breakdown? Go ahead and call me a Compulsive, a con or even fat. That all is very juvenile and junior high bullying, but to go after the fact that I lost my DAD at a young age is as low as anyone can ever go. Your mother must be proud!! It just proves to me that I purchased a bull that has enough genetic potential behind it that it has broken down your MENTAL being. I do not know what else to say but WOW!!! and get back on your meds.

Also what the hell did Scott do to either one of you? I know he would of given you both the shirt off his back, without giving it a second thought.

Mike I have enjoyed your thought process and the fact that you have changed my whole idea on the production form of my herd. BUT to let Dennis run his mouth on your chat board has given me a very bad taste. And because of that I will no longer participate on your web site. I know that must break your heart.

Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 8:26 pm

jbob wrote:
Dennis Voss wrote:
A stink bug ranch, the mighty COFFIN BONER, JIMMIE STINK BUG NINJA WARRIOR, OLD STINKY LAST BEST COWPOKE, THE CLUCK HEN, COMPULSIVE CON FATSO DADLESS, and hidden in the wings, up at the "BIG" house, CAPTAIN KANGEROO FAYROW. How did he get to build the "BIG" house?

WOW!!! Dennis did you eat paint chips when you were a baby???? How can me buying a bull second hand, spiral you into such a public mental breakdown? Go ahead and call me a Compulsive, a con or even fat. That all is very juvenile and junior high bullying, but to go after the fact that I lost my DAD at a young age is as low as anyone can ever go. Your mother must be proud!! It just proves to me that I purchased a bull that has enough genetic potential behind it that it has broken down your MENTAL being. I do not know what else to say but WOW!!! and get back on your meds.

Also what the hell did Scott do to either one of you? I know he would of given you both the shirt off his back, without giving it a second thought.

Mike I have enjoyed your thought process and the fact that you have changed my whole idea on the production form of my herd. BUT to let Dennis run his mouth on your chat board has given me a very bad taste. And because of that I will no longer participate on your web site. I know that must break your heart.

I`ve just really been enjoying Dennis`s descriptive summation of all things con and registered; I`ve been adding to it when I can like a good team mate, but as far as I know we haven`t accomplished much for I`ve yet to hear of any debts being paid...you might oughta lean on your con game partner there a little bit before you get a bad reputation...seems like words are the only methods that ever gets used to settle scores in the registered business...getting your partner to put his money where your mouth is, might be the first step to you establishing something of merit beyond the "next great Shoshone bull second comng"...just like all breeding bulls, there never was a great Shoshone bull, and never will be, just some better than others...and those "some better than others" are a dime a dozen if it`s the genetics you want...but of course it`s the papers you need to play your little games...
the Corner is ending the Easy Street the cons once played upon... cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Mean Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 9:37 pm

I'd call that button thoroughly pushed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 9:41 pm

War games aint for the squeemish, and it is just a game after all, you know the game of life. We could all just hold hands and dance and hug, for a little while, then I'd have to kick Dennis in the shins, he'd bash my front teeth in, Mike would laugh, and when we were out of breath, and Dennis took a hit of nitro, I'd buy 'em all a beer. Its just the way things work, but if I walked out of the bar without payin' my tab, I'd expect my Mike to hold me down, while the hole crew tarred and feathered me, took pictures, laughed and pointed and such. I'd then go pay it, and we'd go on doin' our secret hand shakes, sacrificing goats, and once the ponies was fattened up in the spring, we'd go make war on the civilized, sue happy, paranoid, Keeneys hidin' under every name on the corner, hobbiests lurking under the net. My thinking, you either make it right, or you dont, and if you dont, dont be surprised when someone calls you out on it, or tars and feathers, whatever punishment is fitting.

The war games are getting old, my attention span has about run its course, ready to move on to higher purpose.

Back to top Go down
Grassfarmer

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 11:29 pm

Some enterprising cowboys (or Mexicans can't tell which) over on the other side - not content with selling semen they're apparently trying to sell audios now scratch Shocked I wonder if they are of the knock off variety Question Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.luingcattle.com

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 1:19 am

Grassfarmer, I don't know whats going on, I'm out of the loup,don't know what the fuss is all about, but I am sitting here eating paint chips, with my dear old Dadless dog, my cluck hen, and my picture of Jimmie Ninja with Dennis Kucinich in DC somewhere, man they do look like brothers! Also watching a movie called "Akron Sue Sue" The story of the Puds who took on Texas Growth cattle on the Mexican Border. Quite a movie about a Su freak and his rise to power with a Horse Butte Bull and three lawyers on stand-by, a dog called "Con", A crook called Darwinagin Dreamer who owed Chief Two Eyes a pile of money, well Grassfarmer thats Rock an Roll for the night. Dennis of" Paint chips away at Crime" Tribe
Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 2:24 pm

Quote :
but I am sitting here eating paint chips

Dennis, are the paint chips falling from the bridge. I am curious about the bridge and the river. Can you tell more about it? I am really EddieM in case you doubt that I might be Mike Keeney under some fake name that you'll have to ignore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 2:59 pm

[quote="EddieM]Quote:
but I am sitting here eating paint chips

Dennis, are the paint chips falling from the bridge. I am curious about the bridge and the river. Can you tell more about it? I am really EddieM in case you doubt that I might be Mike Keeney under some fake name that you'll have to ignore.[/quote]

Eddie,
It's my favorite paint chip. It's lead based and kind of curled up like potato chips. I have 4 5gal Tordon pails full that I've collected from under the bridge as well as off the sides of the bridge. I think that eating paint chips has made me the creative genius that I am. Now I will answer your question about the bridge and the river. Eddie, you're the chosen one. You kinda hit me in the right frame of mind today. Many, many people have asked me about the bridge and I have declined a response, not wanting to give up all my secrets. First of all the river is the Musselshell River. It collects water, clear and beautiful from snow melt and springs. As it works its way east it gets muddier and muddier, not from runoff from farming but from gumbo silt drainages that run muddy and murky. The Two Dot bridge crosses the river where it is still fairly clear and trout habitat oriented. The Two Dot bridge is one of the greatest facilities we have in the community. It's made of real cement and steel and it's been there a long time. In a hunting, fishing and ranching community such as Two Dot, people are likely to occassionally catch a trophy brown trout or brook trout or rainbow, or shoot a trophy mule deer, elk, bear, cougar, wolf, you get my drift. And instead of saying where they actually bagged the trophy brown trout or poor little wolfie, we always state for personal or public consumption that it was bagged in the vicinity of the Two Dot bridge. Part of the north end of our ranch includes a number of miles of the Musselshell river west of the Two Dot bridge. It's a wonderful community. It's small enough to feel like One Dot and big enough to feel like Three Dot. We also have a fire hall, a new one, which also serves as a community center. We have a post office and we have a bar, currently looking for a new owner. Now that the mystery is gone I gotta go to work in the vicinity.
Dennis Voss
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 7:49 pm

Dennis Voss wrote:
Also watching a movie called "Akron Sue Sue" The story of the Puds who took on Texas Growth cattle on the Mexican Border. Quite a movie about a Su freak and his rise to power with a Horse Butte Bull and three lawyers on stand-by, a dog called "Con", A crook called Darwinagin Dreamer who owed Chief Two Eyes a pile of money

I have had so many people ask me where they can get this movie, Akron Sue Sue. I had no idea it would be so popular with so many of you. Now for the bad news. I can't for the life of me figure out where you can get it. It was sent to me by an attorney in Ohio and the movie was produced by a company called Cheyenne Orwellian Productions. It also says in the note attached that a new movie is coming out called Laywers For Pud Breeders, also produced by Cheyenne Orwellian Productions. Now I really don't know what this movie is about at all. As soon as I get some more information I'll let those of you calling, emailing and thanking me where to get Akron Sue Sue. Thanks for all your support.
Dennis
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 8:00 pm

A guy working for me as a spy up at the 4.9barY (yes, I'm paying him) says that the new Cheyenne Orwellian Production Company is planning to go full tilt into using Keeney and Horse Butte genetics to solve the fertility problems in their current genetic base, which has changed so many times over the years as it is. Rumor has it, from my source, they're out scrounging for Horse Butte and Keeney bulls that have a Shoshone base and they're buying and collecting every damn one of them they can get their hands on. They're really pestering my old commercial bull buyers. Several have called me wanting to know how much to charge for those old 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 yr old bulls with Keeney and Horse Butte prefixes. They asked "What should I do Dennis ?" I said ,"Stick it to them." And they asked what that meant. I said "Start at $100,000, the hell with this pound price crap." Anyhow, Mr. Keeney, you might want to check in with some of your guys. It's going to be kinda fun to see Cheyenne Orwellian Productions completely based genetically on Keeney and Horse Butte/Shoshone genetics. Its pretty nice to see a cattle company who sells bulls also get into movie making. It's down right inspirational. Well, I gotta go back out , get to work, eat some paint chips. Later
Dennis
Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 8:00 pm

Dennis, thanks for the bridge story with extra details. We have nothing here as interesting as the bridge or the dots. Our community is Ebenezer and nobody ever tried to spell it with two capital e's, EEbenezer, or three capital e's, EEEbenezer, so we are stuck with the dull normals. We have some bridges but none are famous. Our trout here are carp in muddy waters at all times. So, I feel like I've been on a western vacation, a big game hunt and a fishing trip. That does not mean that I want you to send me a bill for a guided hunt. There is a store down at the crossroads called something but we call it "The beer and deer" in honor of the refreshments and the hunters who stop there and purchase refreshments on their way to climb trees and go hunting for things that might move in the woods or on a road shoulder. Occasionally they shoot a deer or two just to prove that they are men and to make the kids eat deer meat and toughen them up like it was back in the good old days. Fisherman drink the same liquid but they are a lot safer than the guys with guns. They are just driving trucks pulling their boats over the speed limit on back roads and then they are just speeding around on the lakes kicking up roostertails looking for some fish that might bite if they remembered to get some bait or had money left over from buying the fishing trip essentials, like beer. And you can see the fishermen better because they do not need camo to ride in a boat and look for fish.

EddieM from Ebenezer with only one E
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 9:32 pm

Dennis Voss wrote:
A guy working for me as a spy up at the 4.9barY (yes, I'm paying him) says that the new Cheyenne Orwellian Production Company is planning to go full tilt into using Keeney and Horse Butte genetics to solve the fertility problems in their current genetic base, which has changed so many times over the years as it is. Rumor has it, from my source, they're out scrounging for Horse Butte and Keeney bulls that have a Shoshone base and they're buying and collecting every damn one of them they can get their hands on. They're really pestering my old commercial bull buyers. Several have called me wanting to know how much to charge for those old 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 yr old bulls with Keeney and Horse Butte prefixes. They asked "What should I do Dennis ?" I said ,"Stick it to them." And they asked what that meant. I said "Start at $100,000, the hell with this pound price crap." Anyhow, Mr. Keeney, you might want to check in with some of your guys. It's going to be kinda fun to see Cheyenne Orwellian Productions completely based genetically on Keeney and Horse Butte/Shoshone genetics. Its pretty nice to see a cattle company who sells bulls also get into movie making. It's down right inspirational. Well, I gotta go back out , get to work, eat some paint chips. Later
Dennis
Dennis,
It goes beyond that here; they are calling the users of my bulls and trying to buy females...registered of course...and hell, if they are my "crossed " model B`S, they don`t care...take your tail end females, cross`em to growth bulls, and they`ll buy them...pedigree and purpose don`t matter, just so long as they have papers bearing the prefix. They barely avoid the oldest profession in their quest, but certainly employ the oldest business model known to economics...buy cheap and sell high...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 11:35 pm

Eddie, I enjoyed "The beer and deer" name , tell me, why don't people use names like that for real, they work and they are original, refreshing, regional, and American! Two Dot got its name from local rancher "Two Dot Wilson" It was his brand, two dots.
Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 11:44 am

Quote :
tell me, why don't people use names like that for real, they work and they are original, refreshing, regional, and American!

I always thought a good name for a fried chicken place would be "The Dead Chicken". Nobody saw my humor, it seems. Couldn't call the store "The beer and deer" because it might make some of the local non-hunting housewives avoid it when they go by to get a pizza made with fresh, frozen ingredients, a loaf of bread, a gallon of milk and a bag of chicken feed. I did think a good slogan for a corner store would be "eat here and get gas". Got outvoted on that funny, too. If we named something for dots around here, it would be by counting the bullet holes in the stop sign.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 10:46 pm

just reading the comments over on the 4.9 from the expert there on "Keeney cows"...thought I might add, if anyone wants to know anything about Pharo cows, just call me, since I bred 61 of them...and not a three frame in the bunch, unless it is possible to starve the skeleton off a cow...
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 7:31 am

so these are the cattle that`s got ole stinkbug`s tail up in the air spewing praises???...look pretty average to me running in what many can`t understand is also a harsh environment; can`t judge the energy value by the color of the feed...

Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y - Page 3 Tc033
Back to top Go down
EddieM

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 8:40 am

FS is not correct. He should be able to walk under the bottom fence wire and not touch his top line to be the calf of the universal truth.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 1:00 pm

Certainly a good enough calf, but I fail to see what all the excitement is about that I would be giving $25,000 for a half-brother...any half-brother of any bull for that matter...Montana and KY present different challenges...the fescue on these TN hills holds the topsoil together, but the hair coat changes ...great view Travis; can you shoot marbles on a rolling course? Smile
Back to top Go down
Mean Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 8:33 am

Mike, I read somewhere that your outcrossing at keeney angus has been screwing up the good Shoshone udders. I can learn so much from others that I apparently wasted my time traveling up to Nancy last week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y   Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trouble on the 4.9 bar Y
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeney`s Corner :: Breeding Philosophies :: Breeding Philosophies-
Jump to: