Keeney`s Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Breeding Principles and Fantasy Baseball

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mark Day

Breeding Principles and Fantasy Baseball Empty
PostSubject: Breeding Principles and Fantasy Baseball   Breeding Principles and Fantasy Baseball I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 11:53 am

Idaho pig farmer has won $300,000 playing fantasy baseball
NY Times

Hinkelman, who has won two of the last three titles in one of the country’s most highly regarded contests, does not have a perfect answer for how he has been able to do it, but he is happy to offer his gut take on it all.
“Raising pigs and this baseball thing really go together,” he said. “There are certain things in farming: keeping track of productivity, indexes for your sows, the genetic lines there. To do well, you’ve got to be pretty proficient in numbers. Math has always been my strong suit. I can see things with the numbers.”
He cautioned with modesty: “That’s just my theory. I have no proof.”
What he does have is in excess of $300,000 in prize money earned over the last three years.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/25/sports/baseball/pig-farmers-true-prizewinner-his-fantasy-baseball-team.html?_r=2&ref=sports&pagewanted=all
Back to top Go down

Breeding Principles and Fantasy Baseball
Page 1 of 1