Keeney`s Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeney`s Corner

A current and reflective discussion of cattle breeding from outside the registered mainstream

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An observation.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dylan Biggs

An observation. Empty
PostSubject: An observation.   An observation. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 4:10 pm

An observation. 314362_10150344509314906_637254905_8025781_1236255448_n
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

An observation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: An observation.   An observation. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 4:47 pm

So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-lagunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.
Back to top Go down
Dylan Biggs

An observation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: An observation.   An observation. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 4:59 pm

Great big gobs of greasy, grimy gopher guts. How about a nice, cool drink, varmints? Scum! Slime! Menace to the golfing industry! You're a disgrace. You're varmints. You're one of the lowest members of the food chain and you'll probably be replaced by the rat. Well, I have been pushed. It's about time somebody teaches these varmints a little lesson about morality and about what it's like to be a decent, upstanding member of a society! Come to Carl, varmint. -- I guess we're playing for keeps now. I guess the kidding around is pretty much over. I guess it's just a matter of pumping about five thousand gallons of water down there to teach you a little bit of a lesson. Is that it? I think it is!
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

An observation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: An observation.   An observation. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 5:33 pm

Di-Lynn, I saw His Holiness The Dalai Lama speak at the University of Michigan a few years ago. I saw Larry Leonhardt speak at Red Lodge a few months ago. Larry is better.
Back to top Go down
Dylan Biggs

An observation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: An observation.   An observation. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 6:09 pm

Tom Smile , I don't doubt it, thats why I spend my time at kc not DL Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

An observation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: An observation.   An observation. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 7:26 pm

Sandy [with heavy Scottish brougue]: Carl, I want you to kill all the gophers on the course.
Carl: Correct me if I'm wrong, Sandy, but if I kill all the golfers, they'll lock me up and throw away the key.
Sandy: Not golfers, you great git! Gophers- the little brown, furry rodents!
Carl: We can do that. We don't even need a reason.
Sandy: Aye! Well, do it, man!
Carl: OK, but why don't we do the same thing, but with gophers? [Sandy storms off] It's not my fault I Don't understand what your saying

Did you have similar problems with grassfarmer in Montana?
Back to top Go down
Tom D
Admin

An observation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: An observation.   An observation. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 7:51 pm

Grassy all of the sudden got to be real funny on day three. I don't know if it took him that long to come out of his shell, or if it took us that long to figure out what the hell he was saying.
Back to top Go down
MKeeney
Admin

An observation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: An observation.   An observation. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 8:29 pm

A preacher friend has been explaining the Buddist religion to me on our Friday night dinner routine...It`s not having much impact on me; not nearly as much as hearing from DV today on a quick break from getting winter preparations done on the ranch; DV`s note inspired me to re-read

The Charge Of The Light Brigade

by Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Memorializing Events in the Battle of Balaclava, October 25, 1854
Written 1854

Half a league half a league,
Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred:
'Forward, the Light Brigade!
Charge for the guns' he said:
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.